Getting the Grease Out

Ms Red

Silly question: I was heavy handed when I greased my scalp and now my hair is heavy and won't swing (I am 6 wks. post relaxer and I'm wearing my hair straight right now by wrapping it w/no heat). I even tried blotting my hair w/tissue (ok, I know that was dumb :lol: )...

But Do I need to wash my hair to get the grease out? I am nervous about this since I want to get my hair straight after I wash it and only have an old GoldNHot Flat Iron and a hood dryer. Don't think I can get my roots w/that.... :ohwell:

The only reason I want to wear it straight is because I am going to an event tomorrow night.

TIA, :)
cupcake

Hey cupcake... The only way I would know is to wash it out. I don't use grease when I wear my hair down just for that reason, it weighs my hair down terribly. Good luck!

Thanks BG215. I knew I could could on a Philly girl to let me know. :lol:
I guess I will just need to wash it and go from there with the flatiron.

cc

you could also try... this... I don't know if it really works
but I read about it somewhere.

Take a hair brush
cover it with a stocking and brush your hair with it.... as the hose gets oily...
move to a bit of hose that isn't oily...

ThursdayGirl said:
you could also try... this... I don't know if it really works
but I read about it somewhere.

Take a hair brush
cover it with a stocking and brush your hair with it.... as the hose gets oily...
move to a bit of hose that isn't oily...

That sounds like it actually might work!

I just wanted to say thanks. I used the pantyhose trick and it worked! It got the excess grease out. :) After a few more days, I washed, conditioned and styled my hair with no problems. I didn't have to flat iron to get the roots bone straight b/c I actually like the waves.

Thanks again!

Back