Getting rid of the GREEN-Scientists Come Here!

MissYocairis

I have some gray streaks in the front of my hair that, when I use my Sebastian's Colourshines GOLDEN WALNUT, it turns my gray YELLOW and then, as I wash it over time, the YELLOW turns GREEN/GREENISH YELLOW. :confused:

I like what the Golden Walnut does with the rest of my hair because I have honey bronzy highlights on the ends from a permanent highlight job 2 years ago, but this yellow/green stuff in the front is HORRIBLE. :(

Please, someone tell me what I should do to avoid this greenish, yellowish tendency on top of my head. I already have a brand new bottle of Golden Walnut at home. Is there some other Colourshine I could try that would be better or that I could MIX it with to avoid the GREEN?
:ohwell:

Hey- This happens when I use Black Orchid since it has a green base. I was told to mix it with a red base to counteract the greenish tint it washes down too. I used Redality at the time.

I think Ginger might work- it has red in it and its still in the gold family.

pink_flower said:
Hey- This happens when I use Black Orchid since it has a green base. I was told to mix it with a red base to counteract the greenish tint it washes down too. I used Redality at the time.

Cosigning.

pink_flower said:

Thanks PinkFlower and Balisi. You say I need a red base to offset this green? Does anyone know how MUCH to mix? Is it half and half or less? (like 1 part + 2 parts)? Appreciate the advice! :look:

Back