getting rid of the frizz when doing a braidout

naturallyme

when ever i do a braidout my hair always looks frizzy. i would like to know how can i prevent it from getting frizzy and what kind of products should i use inorder for it to not look frizzy. thanks in advance!!!

Are you leaving your braids in long enough? I noticed that if my hair is not 100 percent dry, my braidout or twistout will definitely look frizzy or kind of puffy.As far as products, that's kind of tough. I'll let the other ladies chime in with some product recommendations.

naturallyme said:
when ever i do a braidout my hair always looks frizzy. i would like to know how can i prevent it from getting frizzy and what kind of products should i use inorder for it to not look frizzy. thanks in advance!!!

1st and foremost, tie up your hair at night, w/ a satin/silk scarf, and have a satin/silk pillowcase, in case the scarf comes off. What I will do is twist(or braid) w/ either shea butter on damp hair, or whipped pudding. Sometimes I will use ORS lock/twist but that stuff is so drying to my hair. When I unravel, I am very careful, and I don't usually get frizz, unless that's what I want,:)Sometimes I will wet the twists or braids the first day, tie them up really well at night, and when I take them down, my hair looks really great, and very defined. I don't mind the frizz if my hair decides to do its own thing though. I am a natural btw. I don't buy into the hair typing thing, so I can't tell you what "type" of hair I have just that it's a whole lot healthier.

Nay said:
Are you leaving your braids in long enough? I noticed that if my hair is not 100 percent dry, my braidout or twistout will definitely look frizzy or kind of puffy.As far as products, that's kind of tough. I'll let the other ladies chime in with some product recommendations.

I agree, if your hair isnt ALL THE WAY dry then youll definately have frizz in most cases. I usually braid my hair when its dry already so that way any products I use will just make it a little damp. Always give your hair enough time to dry fully before taking the braids down.

well does someone have an ''how to'' somewhere on this?? i cant do it right..never was able to even when i had a relaxer....i had frizz then too...i tried one yesterday with braids i had in for a week (whats in my siggy)...still frizzy....i used SSLD and sprayed with water the nite before i took them down...was i not supposed to spray with water?? my hair wasnt damp the next day....

i still got compliments but my hair was juss big and frizzy with a few curls and crimps....:ohwell:

Nay said:

thanks ladies!! i always do my braidouts on wet hair after i had condition washed it and yes i leave my braids in over night and then i take them out in the morning mainly my roots be more frizzy than my whole head.

Back