Getting rid of parts in your twistout

Miss AJ

I took down my flat twists and the curls were defined just like I had hoped but some frizzed up because I had to lift it with my pick to get rid of the parts. I've tried massaging the parts out and that doesn't work either. How are you ladies getting frizz free, partless twist outs??

Usually I just massage the parts out...however for the most stubborne parts you can try lifting the roots with a pick. My parts also disappear with time by day 2 and a steamy shower or two the volume of my hair takes over and I can't see any parts. HTH

I usually do my twist outs with twists not flat twist so no problem here.

Even when I do them with 2 strands I still have problems getting rid of the parts.

Can just grabbing and twisting work with flat twists too?

ETA: Yea after the inital twist out my parts are gone too because I just grab and twist at night, but that first day of the twist out is always scalpy for me lol.

I take a wide tooth comb and do a scratching motion on my scalp to blend the roots. I don't let the comb run through the length.

I usually just part with my fingers, moreso grabbing sections of hair and then braid/twist. That way I won't have perfect parts. When I take the braids or twists out, I'll massage the roots a little to blend. To prevents frizzies, I'll add EVCO or EVOO to each braid/twist before taking down.

Even when I do them with 2 strands I still have problems getting rid of the parts.

Can just grabbing and twisting work with flat twists too?

ETA: Yea after the inital twist out my parts are gone too because I just grab and twist at night, but that first day of the twist out is always scalpy for me lol.

My hair is very thick so I never have to worry about parts. Also try something I saw on the Miss Jessie website. After untwisting blow dry your hair, hold the ends to stretch it out. Go to Miss jessie website and look at the twist tutorial.

Yeah like the other ladies, I just grab and twist when i do my flat twists. In the morning, I flip my head over and just shake my fingers all throughout my scalp to get rid of the parts.

When I am twisting after a wash session I use leave-in and foam wrapping lotion. If I'm re-twisting at night for more definition I use a leave-in and hot six oil and then lightly fluff in the morning.

When I twist I use a leave in and I use a pomade the first day it isnt frizzy but the second day it usually is

^^Thats part of the reason why I re-twist. I'm pretty active so my twist outs lose get frizzy and lose definition quick.

Just an update: I took down my bed time 2 strands and did the comb scratching thing and it worked! My twistout is still defined all over, no frizz other than the natural frizz lol and the parts are gone. Thanks for all of your suggestions!

Massage them away just make sure you arent actually parting them with defined parts to beging with. Just randomly grab hair. and smaller sections=less noticible parts

and yes you can do flat twist with the grab and go method :)

What can be done about the frizzies?

For my braidouts and twistouts I use NTM anti-friz while I braid or twist. Really helps with the frizzies and for the parts I try to braid or twist in a "stagger", instead of straight parts...that has helped a bunch with the "scalpies":lachen:...lol

i do zig zag parts and that makes blending the hair easier, but i do the parts using my fingers not a comb

Back