Getting hitched

KathyMay

So he proposed Christmas Day and we decided to tie the knot in 2009, after the baby was a year old however after baby Jonathan was born this April we changed our minds and decided not to wait and just go ahead and make it official at the Courthouse...

So this week on our Anniversary it will be official however this isnt my first time at marriage any advice for the second time around.....

No advice here, but congrats! We really need to go out. I know you got the baby, but whenever you're not tied up, send me a PM. It doesn't have to an official meet and greet.

P.S. I'm in the Laurel area now.

No advice here, but congrats! We really need to go out. I know you got the baby, but whenever you're not tied up, send me a PM. It doesn't have to an official meet and greet.

P.S. I'm in the Laurel area now.

Oh thanks!!!! Glad to see that you are back in town. Yeah we can hang out some time

I've never been married :nono: so I can't give you any advice, but I just wanted to say congratulations and all the best for the future!

Congradulations!

Only have a few words of advice:
-Be open, honest and up front about finances. Few things will make a marriage crash and burn faster than money issues.

-Talk about parenting styles now. Makes sure you're in agreement about the way to speak to and discipline your child within your household. Make sure you're on the same page. It may not be a big deal now, but just wait until your little one gets to be two and starts talking back.:rolleyes:

-Choose your battles. Don't argue something into the ground. If it's not that serious then let it go.

-Do not, I repeat, do not say or do something just to spite or emasculate him. Make sure that you let it be known that you expect the same from him. A house divide against itself cannot stand.

Congradulations!

Only have a few words of advice:
-Be open, honest and up front about finances. Few things will make a marriage crash and burn faster than money issues.

-Talk about parenting styles now. Makes sure you're in agreement about the way to speak to and discipline your child within your household. Make sure you're on the same page. It may not be a big deal now, but just wait until your little one gets to be two and starts talking back.:rolleyes:

-Choose your battles. Don't argue something into the ground. If it's not that serious then let it go.

-Do not, I repeat, do not say or do something just to spite or emasculate him. Make sure that you let it be known that you expect the same from him. A house divide against itself cannot stand.

Beautiful words of advice, thank you.

Thank you ladies for the congrats!!! We are going on a "mini honeymoon" in North Carolina this weekend then we are going away for the real one in February either Jamaica or Mexico.

Good news Kathy and I didn't know you had the baby. I'm sure ya'll will be just fine. Have fun in North Cakkalakey don't plant no mo lil seeds on the mini honeymoon.:lachen:

Back