Getting a relaxer soon......does ACV burn?

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I'm self-relaxing again, and I saw something about using ACV to neutralize the relaxer after rinsing/shampooing it out. I have neutralizing poo and I plan to use that as normal, but I wanted to know if it's okay to use ACV after the poo to help neutralize the relaxer. What I normally do is shampoo about 4 times, and then on the 5th time, I let the shampoo sit for about 10-15 minutes. Then I rinse it out and follow up with a conditioner. BTW, I learned that nifty trick here on LHCF:grin: So, for anyone who's used ACV while relaxing, does it burn?

When I used to go to the dominican salon to get my relaxers they would do this. To be honest it burned like hell for about 30 sec-1min. I don't know what type of relaxer the stylist used or if that makes a difference, but it did burn.

I'll be using Silk Elements, and I'm trying out their Olive Oil relaxer this time around. I'm not fond of doing ACV rinses, but I'm willing to try it as an extra step if it will help with the neutralizing process.

It really helps with the neutralizing process; it doesn't burn me when I do it, but I think if your scalp is extra sensitive or your burn while relaxing it will hurt quite a bit. Base your scalp really well, so you don't burn, and you should be fine.

I did this my last relaxer, and yeah...it burned for about a minute. I WILL continue to do this step though, 'cause I felt a definite difference in my hair. HTH

Back