Gentle Treatment relaxer?

Growingitlong

Those of you who use it or have used it, what are your views? I am looking for a relaxer which is both mild and moisturizing. How do you find Gentle Treatment? Does it straighten or just texturize? Is it moisturizing? Last 2 touch ups I use TCB lye and had major underprocessed hair.

Please give your views or recs. Affirm is not an option for me since it is not available in my region.

Thanks

When I first started self relaxing I used Gentle treatment.. my hair loved it. Now i'm using affirm but GT was good to me and my hair when I used it. I have 4b hair.

I haven't used Revlon but I used PCJ when I couldn't afford Dudley's and I found it to be moisturizing and the nutrient sheen is incredible.

Well...Revlon is always available and I have seen PCJ as well.

I am pleased that there are some GT fans though. I hope some more GT ladies give th ere reviews.

I've used GT for several years now. I don't leave it in longer than 10 minutes though on my 4b hair, otherwise it burns. I've never used the Super strength.
It has built-in conditioners but I always deep condition with Humectress afterwards for moisture.

HI Isis,
Did you use any other relaxers in between? I would assume that you find it moisturizing? Have you ever used lye relaxers and how do you find them as opposed to using GT.

I used it for about 10 yrs. I now use Vitale sensitive scalp relaxer. It conditions well and my scalp never burns.

<font color="purple">I originally used GT back then. It made my hair soft and silky. My mother used the Super for her hair. Now she uses African Pride relaxer because she loves the way it moisturizes her hair. I'm going to switch to a mild lye relaxer in the fall. Haven't decided on the brand preference right now. </font>

I have heard some good things about this vitale, but I have never seen it in these parts. I am looking for a relaxer that is readily available.

Well...African Pride is surely accessible around here. If is moisturizing then I can probably try that in mild.

I sure would like to try the GT but I am scurred. I have been using lye for quite a while but still find that my hair is dry and always underprocessed.

I was gonna try Elasta QP but had in mind to use the Extra Body formula. But when I got to the store that sells it they only h ad Supre and I was not gonna try that. Although, I did think about buying it and mixing in some conditioner. What do you think? Is that a good idea?

When i relaxed my hair for the first time i used gentle treatment regular.it didnt get my hair too straight,but i think that was because i was so nervous. my hair didnt get dry but my scalp was very dry. it was itching like crazy.

[ QUOTE ]
Growingitlong said:
HI Isis,
Did you use any other relaxers in between? I would assume that you find it moisturizing? Have you ever used lye relaxers and how do you find them as opposed to using GT.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've never used any other relaxers except as a teenager and I can't even remember what is was (I didn't put it in myself). I have't used a lye relaxer yet on my hair. I'm just used to using GT because I know how it works and I don't like the idea of switching around when it comes to relaxers, unless there is a problem. I've learned that all relaxers are drying to our hair anyway and that no-lyes in general are even more drying. So that's why I make sure I deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. I never rely on GT only to moisturize my hair, no matter what it says on the box.

I am just rying to be sure but then one can never be too sure with these things. It is about one's actual hair and how it reacts to the relaxer, since everyone's reacts differently.
But I need a moisturizing relaxer.

Where are you from? It's in every beauty supply here in NY. It comes in a box like all the others.

Back