Gentle Shampoos I want to try

Hi Caress,

I can tell you that I tried the J.A.Y shampoo and it dried out my hair. It made my hair stiff and hard. I would definitely not recommend this product. I haven't tried any of the other products on your list.

HTH! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Like Pooh the JAY dried my hair out. I still have a whole bottle of it. It's nothing against JAY, all natural shampoos seem to do that to my hair. There just isn't enough moisturizers in them for me.

I too had a bad experience with the JAY. I tried it when I was fully relaxed and it my hair felt like straw. Thank goodness I got the sample size... Which is weird because the JAY is supposed to be for dry/damaged hair. The Island Butter shampoo is for normal hair and it works great on my dry hair. Go figure. /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

I haven't tried anything else on your list, but I've read some good reviews on Mastey and Giovanni products in this forum.

I love Aveda Curessence shampoo! It's a protein shampoo but it's also moisturizing. My hair is also shinier when I use this shampoo. Aveda Sap Moss Shampoo is also really good, if you can get past the smell. I've had a 4oz. tube for a year, and I still can't use it up because the smell gets to me. It smells like wet dirt. Both the Curessence and Sap Moss have no ALS/SLS/SLES, unlike most other Aveda shampoos.

I recently tried Mastey Traite, and I was very underwhelmed by it. I didn't find it moisturizing at all, and my hair felt rough after using it. To be fair, I tried their older formulation. They have a newer formulation which has silicone to give it more "slip", so that could be an improvement over the one I used.

I tried the Abba shampoo a few years ago, and I don't remember it being anything special.

Back