Generic Chi Flat Iron at Sally's

so1913

Hi ladies,

I was in Sally's on Friday and noticed a shopping cart with products to be shelved. They are now selling as part of their Generic Brand line a "compare to Chi" flat iron. I was in a rush and didn't even think to ask details about it (costs, etc.) and saw it on the way out. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up if you wanted to look into it.

HEy,
I saw it on yesterday, it seems very interesting. I am really rhinking about trying it!
It is 69.99 w/out a Sally's card ( the card is 5 dollars for 1 year discounts) and 59.99 w/ card.
Has anyone tried it??????

Generic Value Products Ceramic Straightening Iron Compare to: CHI Ceramic Hair Styling Iron 1"
By: Generic Value Products

Sally Item #: 264802

There is a pic on the sally's site...just go and search for "chi".

Here is the link to the page, but sally links dont always work:

http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1650/264802

ETA: I also found this searching for more info. It's probably from a different batch but interesting, none the less...:

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml05/05186.html

Last edited:
Sally's got generic everything. :lol: They have a ceramic flat iron that uses "tourmaline" technology that I may get when I get my money. :)

Ok I officially cant stand any of you. I went out and bought this thing today along with the Redkin heat glide. SMH... I intended to do a strand or two and check the crown to see how it worked and did my whole head. It looks nice, even with my ends that have knots on them. I just wonder how long it will last before I look like foofoo the poodle again. I have no idea what I have in my hair right now as I threw a bunch of stuff in it this morning and put it in a puff. Next time I will wash, airdry and do it right so I am starting from straighter hair and a smoother texture. I have that hask straight stuff that is supposed to be anti humidity. It still came out nice even tho I started out with tighter curls. I still want a Sedu once I can afford it. :)

I just finished using the GPV Chi iron from Sally's and I don't think I like it as well as my Ultra CHI. I used the GPV set at 370* and I wasn't too impressed.

I have had ceramic coated irons before but this is the first solid ceramic plates. So far my hair is holding up well, normally after an hour I am all frizzy. I will see how it holds up tomorrow. My crown is straight, which I havent gotten good results from in the past. I have wrapped it to smooth out my ends the rest of the way. The always look good when I am curly/twisted but when I straighten my hair you can see they arent perfect.

Back