Gels w/o Alcohol

inthepink

Could it be that gels, in general, are just drying to the hair whether or not they contain alcohol? If you use enough gel, your hair will dry into a shell.

Lately, I've been using my favorite Fantasia Frizz Buster gel on a daily basis along with Leave-In Conditioner to smooth my hair down for my ponytail. At first, I only needed a tiny amount so it was no big deal. Now, it seems like my hair is dependent on it and needs more and more in order to stay frizz free. But, the problem is it drying into an almost "shell" which I absolutely hate! I can usually combat the shell by adding oils or pomade on top of the gels and maybe that answers my own question...

What are replacements to typical drugstore gels? Are salon gels less drying? Is aloe vera gel less drying?

Any suggestions would appreciated!

I've never tried it, but Aloe Vera gel (specifically Aubrey Organics' Pure Aloe Vera) is on my list. It's supposed to provide hold while it's great for moisture.
smile.gif

BTY, I use alcohol free gel pretty frequently on my edges (my old faithful Let's Jam
grin.gif
) and I've never noticed a problem.

Back