gel and edges

sunny

can somebody recommend a gel that doesnt contain any drying alcohol, that moisturizes and gives a SOFT hold? Has anyone had a straight hairline even if they are 10 weeks post relaxer by using gel on their hairline?

How about Alternatives by Soft Sheen, its a conditioning Styling gel with MRC (Moisture Rention Complex). There is no alcohol in it. I first spray my hairline with distilled water, then rub a little Kemi Oyl and then a little of this gel. It works for me. It retains that pretty way my hairline looks when my hair is just washed or rinsed. I love that look. And since the relaxer has grown out at least 3 inches, its soft and kind of curly not just lying straight and "dead". Try it.
grin.gif

Try Elasta QP "feels like silk" it comes in a bottle and its a gel. I dont have it in front of me so I am not sure of all the ingredients. I also like Profective in the yellow jar for your hair line. It is not a "gel" perse but it will keep your edges flat. I almost always wear my hair up and I usually go 10-12 weeks before the next perm and this works for me. It also helps for me to wash my hair frequently and use a serum to keep my edges in good shape and of course to keep my hair mega moisturized.

I want to add that neither of these products are drying and both will give a soft hold.

I know that some ladies here use aloe vera gel. I recently bought some for my daughters hair and It does a great job keeping the hairline straight cause she is 4 months post relaxer!

WOW! You can use the Lock and Twist gel for your hairline?
blush.gif
Ive been looking at that lately wondering if I can use it for my daughter's twists.

I've used it for almost everything but locks and twists!
laugh.gif
It has an odd coconut/chemical scent and a weird, fluffy consistency, but it holds w/o stiffness or crunch.

Sunny, I seem to remember someone here -I can't remember who it was- that was singing the praises of the Tancho Stick.

[ QUOTE ]
Try Elasta QP "feels like silk" it comes in a bottle and its a gel. I dont have it in front of me so I am not sure of all the ingredients.

[/ QUOTE ]

Purified water, Glycerine, Polyquarternium-10, PEG-75 Lanolin, Panthenol, Polysorbate-20, Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, DMDM Hydantoin, FD&C Blue #1.

I use this on my daughter's hair and her hair is much more tame by the time I pick her up from day care than when I don't use this. It never gets hard and I haven't noticed any build up. The glycerine and pathenol I understand are quite moisturizing.

This is the description from the bottle:
Elasta QP Feels Like Silk Liquid Styling Gel is perfect for finger styling waves into chemically processed or men's texturized styles. Also great for creating soft waves and controlling frizz on children's hair. Provides natural shine and smoothness without product buildup.

Thanks Jen for listing the description. I love Elasta's products.

Hairlove , I dont know about any samples, when you find out let me know too! I would love to try all of their products.

Sassygirl, are both of those products you have pictured at Sallys? I dont recall ever seeing either. Oh boy PJism is real! I dont need to buy anything else...

Fantassia IC styling gel works wonders on my hair as a styling gel and it has great shine. It is alcohol free and contain aloe vitamin E and protein.

Back