Geeze, looks like I'm gonna spend Turkeyday doing Henna on my family

JLove74

I spoke w/2 of my Aunts this week and both complimented me on my hair in some recent pics they saw and asked what I was doing to get that color. I told them henna and boy this is one time is shoulda kept my mouf SHUT.

Now, I have 13 Aunts on my mother's side and 6 of them want me to do their hair during Turkeyday!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love henna, but I thought I would spend my time home eating and sleeping, not hennaing these folx...

Just venting.... and packing henna, oils and condish....SIGH

Girl, make them do it themselves! :D

I would mix it up for them, but send them off to apply it on their own!

HoneyDew said:
Girl, make them do it themselves! :D

I would mix it up for them, but send them off to apply it on their own!

You betta know I was thinking about that too.. :lachen: I was going to whip up some, but in zip lock bags w/instructions...

JLove74 said:
You betta know I was thinking about that too.. :lachen: I was going to whip up some, but in zip lock bags w/instructions...

:lol: :lol:

They will be all excited and then looking at you like :look: holding their ziplock bags. :lol:

But, they will be glad you did after they see how well Henna works!

JLove74 said:
I spoke w/2 of my Aunts this week and both complimented me on my hair in some recent pics they saw and asked what I was doing to get that color. I told them henna and boy this is one time is shoulda kept my mouf SHUT.

Now, I have 13 Aunts on my mother's side and 6 of them want me to do their hair during Turkeyday!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love henna, but I thought I would spend my time home eating and sleeping, not hennaing these folx...

OK, that right there was worthy of an :eek: ! 13 aunts? Whoa.:)

That's a lot of work for one day! And a lot of henna to mix. You are a saint.

But hey, what about the strand tests? Don't forget those. :look:

JLove74 said:

Not all of them will be so anxious when they smell it :)

Cichelle said:
That's a lot of work for one day! And a lot of henna to mix. You are a saint.

But hey, what about the strand tests? Don't forget those. :look:

I told them about the strand test....they don't want it "it will take too long"...Imma make their butts sign a waiver of responsibility :lachen: :lachen:

I would make them do a henna test. You do not want to have 6 aunts calling you with tore up hair!! That's just scary. Good luck, mama. That sounds like a lot of pressure. I will probably help my motherinlaw and my sister one day but that's it. Everyone else has to fend for themselves. lol

JLove74 said:

Ha :lol: Well hopefully they'll let you eat first and take the usual turkey induced nap before you begin! :lol: At least you know you did a great job. :)

JLove74 said:
I told them about the strand test....they don't want it "it will take too long"...Imma make their butts sign a waiver of responsibility :lachen: :lachen:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

You need a lawyer for Thanksgiving. :D

- tell them all to bring their harvest hair in a baggie

- do tests in small plastic containers in the microwave on power level ten for 1-2 minutes

- stop the microwave every 30 seconds or so and stir in a little water if the mix gets too dry

- send them home with the mix in ziploc bags (great suggestion btw)

- give them complete instructions with a list of good deep conditioners to use after rinsing.

:D

Back