Garneir Fructis Length and Strength Conditioner (Product Rave!)

Wishin4BSL

GREAT STUFF! I needed a serious co-wash after washing my hair at the dormitories (SUPER hard water!) because my hair was hard, dry and tangled afterward, even with my favorite ORS pak and NTM leave-in so I didn't bother really combing it. I went to my SO's house the next day(he has a water softener) and forgot to bring my NTM DDC for my co-wash so I went to Walgreens up the street and got Garneir's Length and Strength conditioner because it said it was for fragile, hard-to-grow hair. Let me tell you that it was GREAT! There was NO breakage during the wash process (which always happens to me no matter what the product) and none during the combing process either! When I woke up the next morning, my hair was SUPER soft! My SO even complimented me on it several times throughout the day, and he HATES when my hair is up! He said it was really soft too! I'm going to buy the leave-in conditioner and the serum now too!!!!:D :D

Last edited:
I love this stuff. My hair is soft and detangled instantly. I was going to do a review a while back but forgot! This is definately one of my staples co washes.

I get the exact same results as you. This is definitely a keeper for me!!Garnier leaves my hair really really soft,even when I have tons of newgrowth. And it smells good too. I also tried the Length & Strength Shampoo and Leave in, but I hated both. They both left my hair dry and hard. But everything works differently on people so maybe when you give them a try you'll get different results.

Wishin4BSL said:
GREAT STUFF! I needed a serious co-wash after washing my hair at the dormitories (SUPER hard water!) because my hair was hard, dry and tangled afterward, even with my favorite ORS pak and NTM leave-in so I didn't bother really combing it. I went to my SO's house the next day(he has a water softener) and forgot to bring my NTM DDC for my co-wash so I went to Walgreens up the street and got Garneir's Length and Strength conditioner because it said it was for fragile, hard-to-grow hair. Let me tell you that it was GREAT! There was NO breakage during the wash process (which always happens to me no matter what the product) and none during the combing process either! When I woke up the next morning, my hair was SUPER soft! My SO even complimented me on it several times throughout the day, and he HATES when my hair is up! He said it was really soft too! I'm going to my the leave-in conditioner and the serum now too!!!!:D :D

YES.YES.YES.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, I love this stuff. I also really love the shampoo (which is thick, rich, and pearlescent), but I've heard a couple people say they didn't like it. I have the entire Length & Strength line and it works like a dream for me every single time. Talk about a very satisfying hairgasm. Shoot, not even a single one. Multiple hairgasms.

And each product in the Length & Strength line smells divine, too! Now all they need to do is come up with a Length & Strength deep conditioner....

Last edited:
I loooove the Length & Strength Conditioner, it's amazing. The slip is really good, so I use it as a cream rinse for detangling. I used to use the leave-in treatment too, and it's nice and creamy. Plus everything smells yummilicious too. :lick:

Drugstore products usually don't work for me, but I'm going to give this one a try for co washes. All of the pretty hair in this thread has me convinced. :)

i like the conditioner too for co washes. also to you other naturals out there - the garnier soft curl cream is really great for wash n' gos. it leaves your hair very soft and moisturized.

I've been interested in trying this sometime. I have their Shine and Repair conditioner for dry rebellious hair, and it seems to work well and make my hair stronger, but it was just ok at detangling. So I thought the Length and Strength would work even better where both strengthening and detangling are concerned.

Unfortunately, I've not been able to find any of the "Length and Strength" or "Long and Strong" products in London. SO if any Londoners know where I can get my hands on some, please tell me.

gymfreak336 said:
Humm, I might have to get this but cowashes don't work for me. Do you all only use it for co washes???
I no longer do co-washes. My hair loves shampoo and b*%chslaps me in the face when I don't use it.

Mondays:
I condition-wash-condition (CWC) with Garnier L & S followed by deep conditioning with Garnier Sleek & Shine Fortifying Deep Conditioner

Thursdays:
I pre-poo with Vatika, shampoo, condition (with Garnier L & S), and deep condition with Motions Moisture Plus, Doo Gro Deep Down, and Organics Hair Mayonnaise.

Now that I have my beloved Motions CPR Treatment Conditioner again, I think I'm gonna mix it with my Garnier Deep Conditioner on Mondays and maybe substitute it for the Doo Gro on Thursdays

navsegda said:
I no longer do co-washes. My hair loves shampoo and b*%chslaps me in the face when I don't use it.

Mondays:
I condition-wash-condition (CWC) with Garnier L & S followed by deep conditioning with Garnier Sleek & Shine Fortifying Deep Conditioner

Thursdays:
I pre-poo with Vatika, shampoo, condition (with Garnier L & S), and deep condition with Motions Moisture Plus, Doo Gro Deep Down, and Organics Hair Mayonnaise.

Now that I have my beloved Motions CPR Treatment Conditioner again, I think I'm gonna mix it with my Garnier Deep Conditioner on Mondays and maybe substitute it for the Doo Gro on Thursdays

Thanks for posting. I'm going to pick this up today. When you cwc, do you put your conditioner on wet or dry hair? When you condition and then deep condition, how do you do that?

gymfreak336 said:
Thanks for posting. I'm going to pick this up today. When you cwc, do you put your conditioner on wet or dry hair? When you condition and then deep condition, how do you do that?
When CWC'ing, I use the conditioners on wet hair only. I condition with V05 Moisture Milks Strawberries & Cream, shampoo, then condition again wtih Garnier L & S. As soon as I got the V05, I tried it at first on dry hair but it made my hair hard, so I was happy to wash it out. The V05 works great on wet hair though.

On Thursdays after I rinse out my shampoo, I put some Garnier L & S Fortifying Conditioner on the hair, let it sit for a couple minutes, then rinse it out in the shower. Once that is all rinsed out, then I deep condition and let the stuff sit in my hair from 30-45 minutes, sometimes an hour.

Last edited:
navsegda said:
When CWC'ing, I use the conditioners on wet hair only. I condition with V05 Moisture Milks Strawberries & Cream, shampoo, then condition again wtih Garnier L & S. As soon as I got the V05, I tried it at first on dry hair but it made my hair hard, so I was happy to wash it out. The V05 works great on wet hair though.

On Thursdays after I rinse out my shampoo, I put some Garnier L & S on the hair, let it sit for a couple minutes, then rinse it out in the shower. Once that is all rinsed out, then I deep condition and let the stuff sit in my hair from 30-45 minutes, sometimes an hour.

Gotcha, I might try your Thursday regime today when I wash.

I just finished using this again a couple of hours ago (for a co-wash) and it's REALLY helping me with controlling my newgrowth. I'm slightly texlaxed for about 4 inches of my hair (not incliding the newgrowth) so I usually have major issues with matting roots once I get to 5+ weeks post, but now, my NG is smooth and moisturized! I never thought I'd find anything to help with my NG. I figured I was just doomed to have matted roots after 5+weeks! I'm so happy about this product!:lol:

I love the conditioners from this line. The shampoos use SLS, which I try to avoid, but the conditioners are great.

I try to pick up one if they are on sale. I like the 3 min. masques, too.

I haven't tried the conditioner yet, but will now :grin: I do have the leave in and I like it. It's nice and creamy.

K-mart has all (well the majority)Garnier Fructis items on sale for $2.85

Walgreens also has these products on sale for $2.99. Don't forget that there is a coupon in last week's paper for $1.00 off any Garnier Fructis product, which brings it down to $1.99

misskris816 said:
Walgreens also has these products on sale for $2.99. Don't forget that there is a coupon in last week's paper for $1.00 off any Garnier Fructis product, which brings it down to $1.99

Yep! I got one of the Fortifying 3 min masques with that coupon yesterday! :D I can't wait to use it.

Back