Garlic pills are not working for me!

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
I been using MT mixed with peppermint and rosemary oils and applying it to my scalp 4 times a week. I'm getting thicker hair, but some NG and it's been a little over a week since I started the MT. I wash co-wash my hair with shikakai powder mix with suave humectant conditioner, and other moisturizing conditioners mixed in. Then I wash my hair once a week with Aveda dry remedy, and every other week I clarify with Aveda detoxifier shampoo, I always either pre-poo, or DC with AO Honeysuckle conditioner.
I been taking 1000mg garlic pills twice a day for a week and I notice the more I use the MT I shed more hair (it's long strands of hair) and when I first wash my hair and let it air-dry my scalp be inching something wicked and the only way to stop it is to either use the MT mix, or moisture.
So my question is, is there something that I'm doing wrong? or is what I’m doing normal?
P.S. my nape has improve a lot and here are the latest pictures: http://public.fotki.com/Sassyb4Classy/2008/nape-progress/

Hi SbfC!!!

By the way - your progress is great - that is one of my problems (nape) and MT has helped my hair tremendously!!!

Now back your issue, I am currently taking garlic supplements as well but I have also incorporated a garlic shampoo in my regimen. I have very little shedding if any - however, shedding is to be expected with MT and it seems to be phase. (Per Shimmie on MT/OCT challenge thread)

If your shedding is excessive (hair everywhere) you may want stop using it, however if it minimal, you may want to scale back to maybe twice a week. I normally use it as DC followed by AO HSR

HTH

Trust me I'm not an expert but I think you are probably doing too much.. Way too much MT and combining too many different products.. Less is more for me..and I have learned the hard, hard way.:wallbash:

I'm sure some of the other ladies with more saged advice will chime in..:yep:

Sassy, taking the garlic pills for just 1 week is not enough time to see marked results. I believe that you might want to try a garlic/evoo treatment 3 times a week to help reduce shedding if you want almost immediate results and even with this, the results won't start to show until at least 3 weeks.

What I would suggest is that you stop using the MT for about 3 weeks and in this time, take your garlic supplements to get your system used to them and your hair shedding would adjust/respond to them as well in htis time. I would also use the garlic/evoo treatment about 2 times a week for 3 weeks. After this time, once the shedding is under control, try slowly incorporating the MT back in your regimen. HTH.

Sassy, taking the garlic pills for just 1 week is not enough time to see marked results. I believe that you might want to try a garlic/evoo treatment 3 times a week to help reduce shedding if you want almost immediate results and even with this, the results won't start to show until at least 3 weeks.

What I would suggest is that you stop using the MT for about 3 weeks and in this time, take your garlic supplements to get your system used to them and your hair shedding would adjust/respond to them as well in htis time. I would also use the garlic/evoo treatment about 2 times a week for 3 weeks. After this time, once the shedding is under control, try slowly incorporating the MT back in your regimen. HTH.

You sure do know your stuff pretty lady!!! :yep:

I notice when I co-wash with the shikakai powder mix with conditioner I shed a whole like more than usual. I was shedding really bad with that shikakai co-wash b4 i was using MT. I now realize that shikakai is maybe not for me because I been using it for almost 2months and still not noticing anything different when shedding is concern. I'm thinking of getting a garlic shampoo. Can anyone recommend one that doesn't have sulfates?

How often should I wash my hair with garlic shampoo, is it drying? I'm gonna follow it up with AO Honeysuckle

You sure do know your stuff pretty lady!!! :yep:
Oh my goodness, I was just thinking the same thing about you. Thank you so much honey. God has been very generous to you when He gave you your physical beauty and I mean that in a very Sista like God-fearing manner:grin:.

How often should I wash my hair with garlic shampoo, is it drying? I'm gonna follow it up with AO Honeysuckle
Yes it is very drying. I would not use it more than once every 10 days as it is a clarifying type shampoo. That is why I bought the Alter Ego Garlic Oil conditioning treatment jsut so I don't over clarify my hair.

Hi i would say give the pills a little more time. I started using MT about 4 weeks ago and was taking the pills about a week before MT. I shed a lot but then i realized that i wasn't taken enough so i stated to take 2 (260mg) twice a day for the last ten days. I have seen a huge difference.

I have to agree with some of the ladies here. You haven't used the pills enough. I went thru that same change but then had to find my balance.
I use to MT daily, take 1 garlic pill and use garlic poo once a week and dc twice a week. After about a month, I notice that the shedding didn't combat so I increase the garlic pills to twice daily, poo with garlic twice a week, dc twice a week and MT every other day....after about two weeks, I noticed a major change. Now I'm at my normal shedding

I luv my MT:grin:

Back