garlic and olive oil (hot oil treatment)

Lovelylocs

Can u make your own hot oil treatment using garlic and olive oil? I think I am gonna try this tomorrow. I am going to mix the garlic and olive oil together today. Let it sit until tomorrow morning. Then, I will warm it up in the microwave and let it sit on myhair for an hour or so. Shampoo. deep condition. etc.

This sounds like a good idea. Are you concerned about the garlic smell. I need something like this to stop my shedding.

I am not conerned about the garlic smell. I want to stop my shedding too. I figure that if I cant get the garlic smell out with this wash, it should be gone by the next. Also, the deep conditioner should mask the garlic smell anyway.

I dont see why you cant. People have been infusing herbs in oils for thousands of yrs. Im going to be adding my herbs into my oils when my herbs arrive for hot oil treatments. The reason? I have noticed they put herbs, vitamins etc. in products but the strength is not there, they only put a pinch of this & that and most of those ingredients I can buy myself and get a stronger mix.

I did this last week. I read a post about mixing castor oil and smashed garlic in together, lettin it sit for 2 days and using it as a hot oil treatment. The smell was horrible, but it worked well.

Back