FYI - Sally's generic CHI is the same as a FHI

HoneyDew

I went to Sally's today and saw the Generic CHI (GVP, I think) display iron. (the black one - I am not sure about the colored ones) On the label inside it says BeautyMax 207RVI - THAT IS THE SAME AS THE FHI 207RVI! I own an H2Pro iron that also says the same thing. Beauty max is just relabeling these bad boys.

The label on the generic CHI's box says that is is not made by CHI, but Beautymax does make the FHI.

Here is the BeautyMax usa site: http://www.beautymaxusa.com/ (look where it goes - points right to http://www.fhiheat.com/)

Here is the BeautyMax canada: http://www.beautymax.ca/html/home.php

Maybe the new generation FHI irons are different, but the FHI 207RVI is the SAME as the generic CHI from Sallys.

Actually I am pretty sure the new FHI irons are different. Not sure just how different, but the ones I have seen have the same kind of plates as the Solia and others have - the "floating" plates that move in as you press the plates together. The older FHI does not really have this.

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know.

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I paid all that money when I coulda just went to Sally's and spent $40?

I went to Sally's today and saw the Generic CHI (GVP, I think) display iron. (the black one - I am not sure about the colored ones) On the label inside it says BeautyMax 207RVI - THAT IS THE SAME AS THE FHI 207RVI! I own an H2Pro iron that also says the same thing. Beauty max is just relabeling these bad boys.

The label on the generic CHI's box says that is is not made by CHI, but Beautymax does make the FHI.

Here is the BeautyMax usa site: http://www.beautymaxusa.com/ (look where it goes - points right to http://www.fhiheat.com/)

Here is the BeautyMax canada: http://www.beautymax.ca/html/home.php

Maybe the new generation FHI irons are different, but the FHI 207RVI is the SAME as the generic CHI from Sallys.

Actually I am pretty sure the new FHI irons are different. Not sure just how different, but the ones I have seen have the same kind of plates as the Solia and others have - the "floating" plates that move in as you press the plates together. The older FHI does not really have this.

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know.

Is the 207 the one with adjustable temp? If so I'm selling mine and going to sally's and get that bad boy. Until I get the runway that is :)

The one I saw today was like $60 or $65.

Looked like this:
264800-cord.jpg

But with Sally's coupon's you can easily get it cheaper.

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I paid all that money when I coulda just went to Sally's and spent $40?

I think it is more than $40. But, with this iron out there and sally's coupons floating around, there is no use spending more than $60 for a FHI 207RVI. Maybe that is why Frizzy2Silky stepped up their game and put that offer out to get it for $58.

I think it is more than $40. But, with this iron out there and sally's coupons floating around, there is no use spending more than $60 for a FHI 207RVI. Maybe that is why Frizzy2Silky stepped up their game and put that offer out to get it for $58.
Honey Dew, you are on it gurl! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Is the 207 the one with adjustable temp? If so I'm selling mine and going to sally's and get that bad boy. Until I get the runway that is :)

yep the 207rvi has the variable temp.

My H2pro is labeled as a Beautymax 207yvi (only one letter difference:ohwell:) and I paid $80 for that thing from a local Korean BSS merchant. I was trying to help my boy that owns the BSS out when he got in his "new" line of irons. :ohwell: FHI/Beautymax is trippin'.

I bet they decided to come out with a new line of irons and then offer the other one that they used to take an arm and a leg for to other companys and just customize the labels and boxes.

Not a bad business move actually. But, we should all just decide now to NOT pay more than $50 or $60 for the older FHI models (207rvi is the 1 inch with variable temp control)

Last edited:
thanks for posting this......i just got the GVP brand a couple of weeks ago on sale for 59.00 and i lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve it. my puppy chewed up my sedu!!!!:sad: i am very happy with it....i actually like it better that the sedu..believe it or not.:yep:

Ive had my generic CHI for a while now and I just love it. I dont use it too often, however when I do it preforms well. :yep::yep:

yea i just bought the GVP from sally's. it performed better then i thought. BUT then i bought a solia and go figure....they're practically the EXACT same design. i think the solia leaves the hair softer and more moisturized but all in all the GVP is a pretty decent iron

alright guys. im gonna need more testimonials on this generic iron from sallys. I am in the market for a flat iron and I dont like the CHI :nono:. I've been dying to try the sedu or FHI, but they are so high! and I am the last person who needs to be dropping more than $100 on a flat iron (i am waaay too clumsy lol)

alright guys. im gonna need more testimonials on this generic iron from sallys. I am in the market for a flat iron and I dont like the CHI :nono:. I've been dying to try the sedu or FHI, but they are so high! and I am the last person who needs to be dropping more than $100 on a flat iron (i am waaay too clumsy lol)

Girl, I am telling you the iron is the EXACT same as the FHI 207RVI. If you search for reviews on that FHI it will be the same. They are trying to trip people up by saying it is like a CHI. Actually, I heard that CHI and FHI are in cahoots with each other, too. Meaning they are the same companies. I can't find any proof of that because they don't make it so obvious. But, they are making it VERY obvious that they are in the business of rebranding that 207RVI model under other names. Now that they have their new iron models out, I guess they still wanted to make that dough off the old one. I am not mad at them at all for that.

It is a good iron. I have used the FHI 207RVI for years and love it better than Solia and Sedu. I also own an H2Pro 207YVI, again the same iron rebranded, and love it just the same.

Girl, I am telling you the iron is the EXACT same as the FHI 207RVI. If you search for reviews on that FHI it will be the same. They are trying to trip people up by saying it is like a CHI. Actually, I heard that CHI and FHI are in cahoots with each other, too. Meaning they are the same companies. I can't find any proof of that because they don't make it so obvious. But, they are making it VERY obvious that they are in the business of rebranding that 207RVI model under other names. Now that they have their new iron models out, I guess they still wanted to make that dough off the old one. I am not mad at them at all for that.

It is a good iron. I have used the FHI 207RVI for years and love it better than Solia and Sedu. I also own an H2Pro 207YVI, again the same iron rebranded, and love it just the same.

thanks hon! i am going to pick one up this week and try it out. i've already bought and returned a flat iron from Sally's before, so I am hoping that this one will take the cake. thanks for your research lol

The Sally iron was $49.99 when I went in there today. Not bad.

I checked the colored ones, and they are 207RVI by Beauty Max, as well.

I am so mad. I went to Sally's yesterday and looked right at those flat irons. I almost bought one but changed my mind. I am too tired, but I am going out there tomorrow for sure!

I almost bought the GVP, the main reason I went w/the FHI is because it gets hotter. It goes up to 450 and the GVP goes up to 410

so basically what it is coming down to is that..
If i wanted to buy the chi theres no point cuz the fhi is the exact same thing. But then if I'm going to buy the fhi then I should jsut buy sally's generic brand because its the same thing.
And how about jilbere paris I've heard those are reaallly good as well.
THanks

Me too, so I am bumping this thread!

Okay I did my mom's hair with it last night. Perfect. It was great.

But, many irons do a great job. For me, the nicer irons last longer, have no chipping of the ceramic and don't get too hot after it gets old.

I would need to use this iron for a long time to see if it really holds up to others.

But, I using it was great. I worked well.

Getting it for $49.99 was a great deal. I wish I had waited until I got the $5 coupon before I bought it. The last generation FHI irons, including the 207RVI are also going to good prices right now. That 207RVI on Folica deal is atill active and you can swipe one for about $54, about the same as the regular price as the GVP.

So getting either one would not be a big deal.

BUMP... :feedback:

I'd really like to purchase one of these irons!! Anyone have anymore reviews?

yes...i've been using this iron for a couple of months and I LOVE IT. i bought it when it first came out. I actually have a solia...and the generic iron does just as good as that IMO!! def. a keeper

....so I was a little impulsive and I had to try it for myself. I picked one up tonight and tried it on a couple of my curls from my strawset. It works GREAT! My hair is really silky (which I think is combination of this flat iron and the products from my strawset).

yes...i've been using this iron for a couple of months and I LOVE IT. i bought it when it first came out. I actually have a solia...and the generic iron does just as good as that IMO!! def. a keeper

Is your hair in your siggy flat ironed or a fresh relaxer? Either way, it looks great. Now if it's from that flat iron, well that's just icing on the cake!

Back