FYI! NO MORE ROUX MENDEX!!!!!

RadiantBeauty

Hi Ladies, I just came back from Sally's and I purchased two small bottles of Roux Mendex from the clearance table for $1.00:yep: When I asked the sales associate why the Roux Mendex is on the clearance table she said that it is now a discontinued item. I was so shocked! I asked her why and she said she had no idea.:nono: Ladies, please run to your nearest Sally's and stock up ASAP!:driver:

Last edited:
I paid $14.99 for my bottle. I use it as a conditioner.

Is it moisturizing? Or is if for protein? Mendex sounds like Protein. Since you are natural, there's a slight chance it might be moisturizing though.
the bottle you bought was it on clearance? I wonder how much clearence is?

Hi Ladies, I just came back from Sally's and I purchased two small bottles of Roux Mendex from the clearance table for $1.00:yep: When I asked the sales associate why the Roux Mendex is on the clearance table she said that it is now a discontinued item. I was so shocked! I asked her why and she said she had no idea.:nono: Ladies please run to your nearest Sally's and stock up ASAP!:driver:

I saw it at mine too, im in the midwest.

I spoke with the people at Roux today (800-933-4303) and they explained that the product isn't being discontinued and that it will be relaunched in April/May and she wasn't sure if the ingredients will change.
I picked up the last two bottles in my locals Sallys today. It was not on the clearance rack but they did both ring up for $1.00.

Whaaaaaat? really? I am going to have to pick up some tomorrow.

I am taking it that Sally is discontinuing the product, just like the Moisture Motions relaxer, they need to say They are discontinuing it because I call and get nervous with those words. Other stores still carry the products Sally is discontinuting. :)

Sounds like they will probably relaunch with a new formula - that never seems to work! Oh dear! :nono:

What?! I hope I'm not too late. Heading out to Sally's now (as if I need another reason to show up. lol)

Oh my! I'm going to go check my local Sally's now!

*update* My Sally's was out! So i went to the 'hair store'/BSS and they were out as well only had sample packets which I got just in case the formula changed

Last edited:
Mendex is back; I bought a full size bottle a few weeks ago. They changed the formula...it's not chalky white anymore. I've used it one time and I don't think it's as effective as it was before. Didn't make my hair feel as strong...:sad:

I purchased some from the Sally's in my hometown a couple of weeks ago. Maybe it's a regional thing.

Mendex is back; I bought a full size bottle a few weeks ago. They changed the formula...it's not chalky white anymore. I've used it one time and I don't think it's as effective as it was before. Didn't make my hair feel as strong...:sad:

I stocked up when they were on clearance. I have 8 small bottles left. :grin: I saw the new large bottle and it seems much creamier. I'll probably find something else when I run out of my stash.

They changed a lot of things. The Fermodyl ampoules are different. Fancier and more substantial packaging but less product in the package. RIP OFF. :perplexed

Fermodyl 619 was a staple for me. Don't you just hate it when they change things.

Anytime I see different packaging I know I am NOT getting what I use to get for the price I use to get.

New and improved is slang for less product and usually substandard! :ohwell:

Why are these companies always bothering with stuff/changing formulas?! :(

I just found the proper way/when to use the darn stuff and had it on my hair product wish list to buy...darn.

I'm still mad that Giovanni L/I & Elasta QP DPR-11 formulas were changed.

Last edited:
I am going to use the new ampoules this weekend when I do my hair to see if they are the same. I will report my findings.

I cannot believe they would trade off for less product to a consumer for all that packaging, especially considering all the environmental awareness going on right now. I think there are 5ml less in those little containers but all that paper and plastic being used for packaging - STUPID.

I am going to stock up on the old dozen boxes. There are a few sellers on Ebay.

They are now selling that stuff in the bottle that was being sold under the Fermodyl Interactives name. I used that once and did not like it. Well, I cannot say it was bad, but it is NOT the same as the old fermodyl in the little ampoules.

They new conditioners that have look interesting though.

Back