Fun with wigs as protective hairstyles, don't be scurred! Lol

A_Christian

Fun with wigs as protective hairstyles, don\'t be scurred! Lol

After reading several member's posts about wearing wigs and seeing how realistic some of them look I decided to give wigs a try. I went to a BSS today and had a ball trying on all of the different styles. I picked out the 4 most realistic looking styles that I could find and they are very cute! /images/graemlins/smile.gif One of them looks exactly like my real hair after a fresh relaxer, and another has light brown highlights; a style I've been wanting to try without damaging my own hair with color. The other 2 are super long, below bra-strap length, and not quite as realistic looking, but I figured what the hey, might as well have fun with them. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I never would have thought I'd get to a point where I'd have so much fun with fake hair, but life is too short to be uptight about something as trivial as hair.....(I can't believe I'm saying this considering the fact that I've been obsessed with growing my own hair long my whole life!) Actually, I'm still obsessed with growing my own hair long /images/graemlins/laugh.gif, but I'm learning to have fun with my journey to bottom of bra-strap length instead of taking it so seriously all the time. So I will only wear the wigs on the harshest of winter days to protect my real hair from the elements, high wind, and bitter cold. And I will limit wearing them to the days with the harshest weather only so that I will not damage my real hair or hairline by over-use. By the way I'm in my early twenties and the styles look like hairstyles that people around my age would really wear with their real hair. Sorry for the extremely long post, just thought I'd help others get over their fear of wearing wigs, just like other member's posts have helped me. :-)

Re: Fun with wigs as protective hairstyles, don\'t be scurred! Lol

I am not scurred either. /images/graemlins/clap.gif Wigs can be fun. I started wearing them to give my real hair a break from styling. My hair appreciates it a lot because the less manipulation, the less it breaks and since it is not exposed to harsh winds and dry air, it doesnt dry out easily. I will pick up a new wig this weekend and another one to kick off the year 2005. Wigs let me try different styles without damaging my own hair. I love them.

That's right A_Christian, a wig ain't nothing to be afraid of /images/graemlins/laugh.gif. I got over that fear a long time ago, and have been enjoying wearing wigs and all the benfit's that it offers. While I prefer my hair over a wig anyday, there is nothing like one for good hair protection!!!

I love the way your set came out on the wig, Laketta! /images/graemlins/up.gif

[ QUOTE ]
AudraChanell said:
I love the way your set came out on the wig, Laketta! /images/graemlins/up.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I'm glad to hear that you all are having fun with wigs too! I'm going to enjoy fooling people I know with the one that looks exactly like my freshly relaxed hair. I may even sneak and do a "white girl hair toss" with the others /images/graemlins/laugh.gif, shoot I sneak one in every now and then with my real hair. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Your wigs look great Laketta! I especially like the fact that they all look so realistic. Most of mine look similar to the first one with the side swept bangs, in varying lengths. Your own hair looks awesome too.

AudraChanell, your hair also looks beautiful.

Melswifey, I figured if wigs and weaves etc... are good enough for Bey, they're good enough for me,lol. I actually like most of the pieces Beyonce wears especially the ultra long scalp wigs. All of the styles I got today are straight, but the next time I go to the BSS I want to get a curly/wavy style like the one Bey is sporting in your avatar.

It really is great that we can wear wigs, weaves, and other enhancements but still have full heads of our own healthy, beautiful hair underneath. /images/graemlins/clap.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I know what you mean blaxal, the super long wigs I got as well as some of the long quick weaves displayed in the store have made me even more determined to reach my first goal length. I'm so glad we have this forum to serve as proof that while it's fun to use pieces, we can grow our real hair to be just as beautiful, thick, and long as a wig or weave. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back