Fun dating ideas

zzirvingj

Thought it would be good to have a thread sharing your thoughts on good date ideas...dates that are good for:

-having fun
-getting to know the other person at the same time
-easy on the pocket
-not necessarily your typical dates (dinner/movie/etc.)

Anyone wanna share their experiences or suggestions?

OH...feel free to share things to do "after a date" as well...say someone has taken you out for lunch or dinner and you find yourself wanting to "continue on" with the date but didn't have anything planned necessarily. What sorts of things would you want to do/suggest doing?

Drag Racing/Street car racing/Motorsports/Go Kart racing

Shooting Range

Cooking class (especially dessert)

Cigar Bar

Salsa/Merengue Class

Hiking/Indoor Rock Climbing/Paintball

Concert

Ice-skating

Picnic in the Park (or indoors if cold)

Make s'mores (indoor or outdoor)

^I plan to do the go karting thing within the next few weeks myself...I can't wait!

I will add the following:

-Horseback riding

-I think its always fun to cook together. Look on line or in a cook book to find a meal you both want to prepare and cook it together.
-Jazz Clubs/lounges
-Picnic in the park or at home (in the winter)
-Adult Game Stops like Dave and Busters
-I am always a fan of dinner and a movie but I like to switch it up and try restaurants I have never tired before and experiment with different types of food. To get a different type of scenery I go to a city about an hour away and enjoy dinner there then do a little window shopping and talking. I have been with my boyfriend for a while now but we did this in the beginning and it gave us a lot of time to get to know each other.
-Take a Day Trip…. Go to a another city a few hours away and enjoy the day there and come back that night. A city that has a big tourist attraction is always interesting and gives you a lot of things to do.

***After a great dates I like to go to a lake we have in our area that is setup beautifully for couples and families to enjoy and relax,
Barnes and Nobles and read astrology books together to see if we are compatible or look at some of the….adult books.
A late night ice cream spot and enjoy desert and talking.

Things I've done on dates that was out of the ordinary and fun...

* put-put or golf lessons.
* Dave & Busters, Harolds, Julians (adult game stop)
* Live music & drinks/ Jazz spots
* Dancing at a night club.
* Picnic in the park.

Most recent first date was a picnic in a popup indoor park. Fun!

Bowling during a date I didnt know was a date (cultural barrier initially) was fun.

Horseback riding (fun AND hilarious! Cantering ain't for everyone.)

Sailing... Though that was probably a bad idea. It was a first double-date, though.

Shooting Range and crossbow shooting sound like fun.

I tend to look for free things online and have just gotten lucky.

We have been dating for about 6 years and get in a rut. One of the most random things we did was come up with a "10 Things you should know list." They were simple things like favorite color, food, scent, movie genre etc. We exchanged lists at wal-mart and had a scavenger hunt of sorts. You had $25 and 30 minutes to find unique things that fit the list. It was a nice way to break up the dinner/movie monotony.

Most recent first date was a picnic in a popup indoor park. Fun!

Bowling during a date I didnt know was a date (cultural barrier initially) was fun.

Horseback riding (fun AND hilarious! Cantering ain't for everyone.)

Sailing... Though that was probably a bad idea. It was a first double-date, though.

Shooting Range and crossbow shooting sound like fun.

I tend to look for free things online and have just gotten lucky.

Why did sailing end up being a bad idea?

We have been dating for about 6 years and get in a rut. One of the most random things we did was come up with a "10 Things you should know list." They were simple things like favorite color, food, scent, movie genre etc. We exchanged lists at wal-mart and had a scavenger hunt of sorts. You had $25 and 30 minutes to find unique things that fit the list. It was a nice way to break up the dinner/movie monotony.

That sounds like fun :yep:

Love threads like this.

going to the horse races.
laser tag
bowling
bungee jumping WHEW!
six flags
comedy show
poetry - open mic
touristy things in your city, we have the science place and I love it, I've been many times.
in the summer or spring of the year we have jazz in the park, it's free and its fun make a picnic out of it.

Back