fuller hair after retouch

asha

Has anyone else experienced fuller hair after having a retouch when extending touch up time. Usually my wait period is 8 weeks but this time I went from September 12/03 till today January 3/04. My hair is not stuck to my head like it usually is after a retouch. It is full, thick and swingy. I usually wash the second day of a retouch just to get that fullness back but this time I don't want to. I just love it way too much.

Thanks for sharing asha!!! that will give me the motivation I need in order to wait at least 8 weeks or maybe even longer. I'm currenly at 6 weeks and starting to get impatient....

I also noticed my was fuller after my last relaxer I went
13 weeks instead of 6 weeks and love the results.

Definitely!! I've been going 16 weeks between, and the last time I retouched (3 weeks ago) I was really surprised at how full my hair was!! It's usually very limp and thin looking for about 2 weeks after I get it done, but this time it was SO different.

I was thinking that it might be because of the B5 I've been taking for the past two months, because I've gone 16 weeks in between relaxers for the whole of 2003 and this was the first time I noticed the fullness...
drunk.gif
I'm not sure what it was, but I will continue taking the B5!!
smile.gif

I definately noticed fuller hair after waiting 12 weeks between relaxers, for the first time EVER!

This was exactly how I knew the B5 as working for me Lindy.
smile.gif
It was a after a re-touch and my hair not being plastered to my head for the first few weeks that made me go "heeeyyyyy".....

I think extending touch ups can do it too, but I just wanted to let you know I had the same experience as you.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I just wanted to let you know I had the same experience as you.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Chica!!!
grin.gif

weird.gif
B5
weird.gif

This is very encouraging because I have decided to wait a full six months before doing my next touch up. Last touch up 10/22/03, next will be 4/30/04

wow, that's great
smile.gif
my hair normally goes lifeless after a retouch, i end up having to wash it before i get lots of body again.

ohhh i just reread your post, well this is my first time stretching out my relaxer this amount of time (10.5 weeks so far) i'm supposed to be transitioning but i'm getting so tempted to just go ahead and touch up after i reach my stretchout challenge goal (12 weeks--thinking about making my goal 14 weeks....we'll see) --very encouraging
wink.gif

I can attest to that experience as well. For the first time I have extended by relaxer periods from every 7 weeks to 12 weeks and my hair was much more fuller and stronger.

I just got my retouch today, after waiting longer than usual to go..stylist on vacation and the holidays dragged the time out. My hair was very much fuller than usual and ...LONGER! I am so exited. Normally, I go home and clip my hair right up, because I can't stand the limp look and then have to suffer a week because it is so fine. It looks great. This is an incentive to wait longer between touchups...if I can convince the top section of my hair to let me comb through it...

Yeah, I just got a retouch after 9 months and my hair has been swinging and is alot thicker than it has been. I'm loving it.

Back