Full & Healthy Crown & Edges Challenge 2012

I ordered all the oils and so far I have received the Jojoba oil. i scheduled an appt with my primary care physician as well. I went originally to a dermatologist in June and she said just wait for it to grow back, but I want to make sure there are no underlying medical problems.

Reposting the recipe I will be following.

Thanks. I forgot it was you who stated they were going to use that.

I agree that you shouldn't just wait for it to grow back. My hair never did just grow back on its on. It just got thinner and thinner. It wasn't until I implemented a plan that it grew back.

jprayze said:
Thanks...that's a good idea. I'm wondering if the weight of the braid will be too much for rest of my hair too. I'm thinking about sengalese twists.

That's another thing....make sure the braider doesn't add too much weave because it would weigh it down. My braider was very gentle and knew how to handle breakage/thinning. Synthetic hair also seems to work better on my hair than human. I treat the hair with acv/water, then a leave-in....had no issues. I M&S daily or twice a day and cowashed weekly and shampooed monthly (sometimes twice a month). Everything was diluted with water. Hope this helps....

faithVA said:
Thanks. I forgot it was you who stated they were going to use that.

I agree that you shouldn't just wait for it to grow back. My hair never did just grow back on its on. It just got thinner and thinner. It wasn't until I implemented a plan that it grew back.

Absolutely faithVA...having a plan makes me feel better too. And I just remembered I am Vitamin D deficient and haven't been taking my supplement. There is definitely a correlation between vitamin D and hair loss, so I have a lot of action items :)

[USER=118875 said:
IDareT'sHair[/USER];16920425]Using:
JBCO w/Pimento Oil *actually finished this up*
Hair Trigger Growth Elixir *will finish this up tomorrow*

Did you like the JBCO w/ Pimento Oil better than regular JBCO? Would you repurchase?

I was typing away and I accidentally wiped away the whole post! I was probably rambling anyway...just wanted to let you know I have received all but one EO, so I plan to being the EO blend on Oct 1. Have a good weekend ladies!

I tried to wear my hair pulled back last night, and I was super self conscious about my edges. I don't know why, but they seemed worse than before. Needlesstosay, I wore my hair down. :perplexed

Maybe I'm just being crazy.

[USER=6275 said:
NappyNelle[/USER];16935399]I tried to wear my hair pulled back last night, and I was super self conscious about my edges. I don't know why, but they seemed worse than before. Needlesstosay, I wore my hair down. :perplexed

Maybe they didn't look as bad as you thought. The last pic you took, they looked nice.

NappyNelle said:
I tried to wear my hair pulled back last night, and I was super self conscious about my edges. I don't know why, but they seemed worse than before. Needlesstosay, I wore my hair down. :perplexed

I had the same moment earlier this week...just glad I'm not the only one!

The bald spot on the left side is coming along faster than the right side but I still can't pull my hair straight back without a parting. One month of tight cornrows to get a bald spot, 1 year to regrow it back! Never again!

Me Three Ladies! :sad:

I keep looking at that area where I messed up by tying my Durag too tight thinking......it still looks the same.:crying3:

Maybe we're all just having moments.

@jprayze @NappyNelle @sheanu:hug2:

Ms. Prayze: The JBCO w/Pimento was okay. I have no plans to re-purchase.

I think I got it in a combo pack with Extra Dark JBCO (it was part of a set).

I do like that Strong Roots Pimento tho'. It packs a punch so you can only use a dab here & there.:heated:

Now that one, I would repurchase.:yep:

I did an overnight Oil soak with my home-made Coffee Oil. I'll just keep consistent on this area throughout the Fall/Winter and see what happens.......:ohwell:

I'm doing everything I can think of to nurse it back to health.:nono:

So, I guess I just have to be patient.:perplexed

jprayze said:
msbettyboop What are you putting in your spots? TIA!

jprayze, I use rejuvenate castor oil I got on eBay. It's got sulphur, biotin and other stuff I can't remember now. I massage it in every night for 5 mins. I also dermaroll the spots 2ce a week to stimulate blood flow to the follicles. Aside from this, I drink bamboo leaf tea every night and take a hair, skin and nails vitamin 2ce a day. All these combined seem to be making the difference. HTH.

Ok I finally, finally gave my scalp some love. I almost forgot though. I applied my oil to my scalp and then gave myself a quick massage as I hung over. Didn't massage long.

I am now prepooing with coconut oil, grapeseed oil, sunflower oil and AVG. I am sitting under my heat cap so the oil will absorb into my scalp and hair.

Thanks everyone. I'll have to stressing, or my edges will never grow in.

I just applied sulfur oil to my scalp and extra to my problem areas. :)

IDareT'sHair said:

I keep looking at that area where I messed up by tying my Durag too tight thinking......it still looks the same.:crying3:

Ms. Prayze: The JBCO w/Pimento was okay. I have no plans to re-purchase.:

One thing that was helped me this week was that the overall health is my hair has been improving and Im finally identifying staples.

I'm seeing some growth in length and thickness even though my edges and other bald spots (I hate to say that word!) are giving me the blues! So lets all find something good to celebrate about where we are are on our hair journey!

I received all my oils so I'm all ready to start the EO blend on Monday. I've already flooded the thread with beginning pics so be on the lookout around 12/31 after 3 full months of usage for some amazing progress! I'm believing it!

One more thing-- Yay faithVA for showing your scalp some love!

Ms. Prayze: The JBCO w/Pimento was okay. I have no plans to re-purchase.

I think I got it in a combo pack with Extra Dark JBCO (it was part of a set).

I do like that Strong Roots Pimento tho'. It packs a punch so you can only use a dab here & there.:heated:

Now that one, I would repurchase.:yep:

Thanks girl :hug2:

Funny thing is when I went to get my hair braided she mentioned that my hair is growing really well. It's just these edges and I'm sure the braids aren't helping but it's made retention easier.

Shea moisture thickening moisture milk has made a bit of a difference since i started using it on my edges. Makes then stronger and reduced shedding.

I oiled my crown and massaged it again this morning. Even though my crown is filling in, I definitely need to get back on a regular schedule. Fortunately I have enough oil to get me through the end of the year. Going to see if I can keep on healing.

Will also put my mudwash back in rotation to help detox my scalp.

Anyone considering doing a hard core protien treatment on their crown only? My crown is prone to breakage. I've been really careful with it but I get mid strand splits. I'm thinking of doing an Aphogee hard core treatment on it every 3 months and then keep the moisture level up. Anyone done this or thinking of doing this?

I use several hardcore Rx's on my problem area. Haven't used Apoghee, but I have used:

Nexxus Emergencee
Mega-Tek
Cathy Howse UBH

Those are what I consider to be my Hard-core Protein Rx.

So yesterday being the start of new month, I started being consistent with Vits and started using the EO blend. I will take pics at the end of this month and hopefully we will see progress...at least a start:yep:

Anyone considering doing a hard core protien treatment on their crown only? My crown is prone to breakage. I've been really careful with it but I get mid strand splits. I'm thinking of doing an Aphogee hard core treatment on it every 3 months and then keep the moisture level up. Anyone done this or thinking of doing this?

YaaAsantewaa I should have done this before I started cutting off my colored hair two years after my BC. It would've worked wonders for me. I say go for it! I'm all about applying extra conditioners or treatments to the areas that need them most.

I just applied sulfur oil to my scalp and edges; I only massaged my edges, then threw on a plastic cap. C'mon hair, grow, grow, grow!

Back