Full Bun Illusions

kandiekj100

Hi ladies,

I saw the bun thread and there are som fabulous buns on there, but I have a problem. I'm a natural with fine 4a length unstretched hits the middle of my neck, straightened a little past my shoulders. I don't know how to make my buns look big and full without doing a sock bun. Sock buns are okay, but I would like options. It seems that the really big buns are done by ladies with thick hair and/or long hair, which I have neither. Are there those with similar hair types that have managed to make their buns look fuller.

I don't know what a sock bun is, but I'm guessing you stuff the sock in and wrap your hair around it?

I use track hair for my buns. I have about a snap of hair when it's pulled into a bun so I always have to add hair. Otherwise, it would look pretty sorry. You have more options with the track hair than with the sock IMO.

I just put my band on and pin the track hair around it and style. It doesn't take long to do in the morning because the track is folded till it's only about 2 feet wide.

Socks made my ends look crunchy no matter what I did, wet bun, wet sock, oiled sock, non cotton sock. :rolleyes: I had to buy a little round, plastic thing sorta like a plastic scouring pad from Sally's. One of the ladies here suggested it. It was around $4. Sorry I can't remember the correct name. The website is not responding right now so I can't post pics of it either.

Same issue, I think once my hair gets longer my buns will my nice and thick. I tried the sock method as well but my ends always suffered.

Anyone have Fotki or YT tutorials on ways to do bun illusions?

Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I really want to know how to make my own hair look fuller, but I may just be asking for too much. I don't have a problem with the sock bun but I see all these beautiful thick luscious buns and I feel like a kid in a grocery store walking down the candy aisle "Oooh, I want that!" And I don't know, maybe I can't have that. I could just use the tracks to create a messy bun. I'm not opposed to that.

Any other tips ladies?

Back