Full Body Freshly Relaxed Hair

MonaRae

Ladies

I just had to share this one! I relaxed my hair yesterday and I used methods from Sistaslick and Kimberly![/FONT]

Sistaslick suggested to do a light protein treatment b/4 neutralizing and after rising the relaxer out. Sorry I don’t remember where this thread is.

Kimberly suggested:

Kimberly said:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=88299

Yep, my last trip to Sally's before I relaxed, the lady working there was a licensed cosmetologist and she recommended applying the porosity control conditioner on to my previously relaxed hair, dry. Then, after the relaxer, to do a hot oil treatment applying more porosity control on top of the oil before covering my hair. This was one of my better relaxing experiences. I will definitely continue to do this in the future.

This is some of the best advice I have ever come across.

Here is what I did

1. Base scalp with Vaseline
2. Coat previously relaxed ends with Porosity Control conditioner
3. Mix ¼ cup Castro oil into relaxer (Mizani) sistaslick uses Almond oil
4. Section hair into 6 braids
5. Start relaxing in this order: crown, front, nape (by this time the relaxer should sit on the nape area for 5 minutes or less).
6. Rinse as much relaxer from hair as possible.
7. Apply ApHogee 2 Minute Keratin Treatment and let sit for 5 minutes
8. Rise and Neutralize hair (washed 2x, 3rd time I let it sit for 5 minutes - repeat step 8).
9. Apply Okra and Keracare Moisturizing Shampoo, rinse & repeat
10. Heat oil and apply (NuExpression Hot 10 Oil), apply Porosity Control conditioner on top of hot oil & cover w/ cap.
11. Let sit for at least 1 hour.
12. Rise and apply conditioner (Keracare).
13. Style as usual!

My hair is full and feel like silk. I have very fine hair so it usually takes about 2.5 – 3 weeks to gain life back in my hair after a relaxer. My cutles are sealed and my hair is shiny! I love it!!!!!

HTH!
MonaRae

Last edited:
Thanks for posting I am currently 12 weeks post and have another month or 2 before I relax so I will keep all these tips in mind

You’re welcome Ladies. I plan on doing all my hot oil treatment based on step 10 from now on.

I’m not that experienced with Porosity Control. If you think doing step 10 on a weekly basic is too much please let me know.

Thanks in Advance!
MonaRae

Thanks MonaRae for the thread! Just in time: I'm touching-up tonight!!! (Hey... Who told you? :yep:)

I like the line-up but have a question or two (I hope someone can shed light on this before I get this process going around midnight): Since I use Affirm, it comes with this "Protecto" to be applied to the hair prior to the chemical. Is it similar to the Porosity Control piece? hum... And after rinsing the relaxer, there is a step specific to the Affirm, the 5 in 1 Reconstructor, that is applied after the relaxer is rinsed, prior to neutralizing. Should I do that then the Aphogee or skip the Aphogee, do the Reconstructor, then proceed with the remaining steps?

I know, I know: That BamaBelle is always so complicated! :D

Thanks y'all!

I'm not sure about the Protecto but I believe (and I can stand to be corrected here) the 5 in 1 is a protein in which case you should have the same effect if used as suggest above.

MonaRae

MonaRae said:
I'm not sure about the Protecto but I believe (and I can stand to be corrected here) the 5 in 1 is a protein in which case you should have the same effect if used as suggest above.

MonaRae

I'm a crazy bird... I just read the bottle of the Protecto: "makes hair very easy to comb during both wet and dry stages. Hair is healthier-looking. Protecto is water soluble for easy rinseability."

That's it?! Then read the ingredients: Propylene Glycol (alcohol? with a relaxer? :confused: ), water, polyanime, ceteth-20... yadayada.

The bottom line: It coats the hairshaft... You don't really need this but we'll market it so that you think you have to have every piece of the puzzle in order to know what the picture's gonna be!

Back