FRUSTRATED!!!

DatJerseyDyme

I am frustrated because I feel like my hair is at it's maintenance length and it won't get any longer than this. Before I got my hair cut this was almost the length (although not as healthy), and now that I'm here again I'm worried that this will be it for me! Please send some encouraging words my way!!!

*~Alecia~*

Don't worry sweety, your hair will continue to grow to unbelievable lengths as long as you continue to give your hair the love and attention it needs. Don't get discouraged, remember just as you said your hair used to be almost that length just NOT AS HEALTHY... Key words here, imagine how longer it will be now that it is healthy... God bless you

Crystal

DatJerseyDyme, remember everyone's hair occasionally takes a break from growing - which could last 4 months - then starts all over again, according to hair scientists at The Trichology Society website:

[ QUOTE ]
Hair Cycle: Growth periods are followed by follicular regression and consequential hair loss. No hair therefore grows continuously. This hair cycle, which dictates the ultimate hair length attainable by an individual, is explained under the following headings:-
<ul type="square">
Anagen: The period of follicle regeneration and active growth of scalp hairs is from 2-7 years.
Hairs in the anagen phase grow faster during the early years. Average growth rate is 1-2 cm per month.[/list]
<ul type="square">Catagen: the preliminary stage of the retrogressive catagen phase during which changes can occasionally be seen above the skin surface with the naked eye: e.g. loss of pigment and the narrowing of the hairshaft accompanied by a narrowing and eventual loss of the medulla. During this short period of change (approximately 2 weeks) the follicle rests the dermal papilla stops production of new cells, the dentrites and melanocytes contract and melanin production ceases. The follicle and epithelial sheath contract and the hairshaft is ejected.[/list]
<ul type="square">Telogen: the resting phase of the follicle lasts approximately four months. The follicle remains quiescent in its shortened state and awakens to regenerate with the onset of the new Anagen phase.[/list]

[/ QUOTE ]

So just concentrate on taking the best care you can of what you have now while you wait for your follicles to wake up again. That way your ends...(which may be what you'll be calling the hair you have now before too long
wink.gif
)...do not look thin and unhealthy compared to the rest of the hair yet to come. Remember being able to keep all that you have is the key to getting the length you seek. So don't you dare quit or despair.

"When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit -
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a fellow turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow -
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint and faltering man;
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor's cup;
And he learned too late when the night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out -
The silver tint in the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It might be near when it seems afar;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit -
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit."

Hugs,

[ QUOTE ]
I am frustrated because I feel like my hair is at it's maintenance length and it won't get any longer than this. Before I got my hair cut this was almost the length (although not as healthy), and now that I'm here again I'm worried that this will be it for me! Please send some encouraging words my way!!!

*~Alecia~*

[/ QUOTE ]

continue to take good care of your hair, and the length will come if it is meant to be. hang in there, girl....
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

we all get frustrated at times just keep on taking care of your hair and believe me your hair will reep the benefits

datjerseydyme i feel you i be thinking my hair is done growing to. I dont know whats true anymore. i do know when i had a short hair cut my hair never shedded daily so why when you decide to grow out you hair it sheds? women always get new growth so you hair must not stop growing. i say forget genetics just keep taking good care of it and minimize breakage.

You may have to buckle-down and be more strict with your hair regimen. Is it posted anywhere? Maybe if I saw it, I could offer some tips.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!!

Supergirl, my regimine is as follows:

Wash Day:

Hot Oil treatment with EVOO (30 minutes, usually with heat).
Shampoo with Nexxus Therrape (every two months I clarify).
Deep Condition with LeKlair Conditioner ~or~ Nexxus Keraphix for protein (30 minutes, usually with heat).
Follow with Nexxus Humectress..I detangle my hair in the shower while the conditioner is still in my hair and I rinse.

Apply Infusium Leave in and roller set using a spray bottle filled with water and EVOO to keep hair moist. Apply S&amp;B Botanicals Oil and Hair Polisher to each section. Then, I sit under the dryer for at least 30 mins and I try to air dry the rest of the time.

My main hair styles are a bun, or my hair pulled back into a claw clip. Current lenght is almost 20 inches.

Daily Maint: I use the S&amp;B Botanicals Oil on my hair in the morning and at night. I use Healthy Ends on my ends every other night. Either sleep in a silk scarf or satin bonnet.

I'm trying to wash only once a week, but I'll do a conditioner rinse on Thrs. if I need to. I use a no-lye relaxer (S&amp;B Botanicals) every 10-12 weeks.

keep yo heradup djd coz the ladies here have proved that u can have healthy long hair so dont give up hope, jus continue givin it tlc and i'm sure u'll be pleasantly surprised by yo new growt!!

Back