frustrated

Mena

:cry: I am sick of my hair. I have dandruff even though I wash daily. I keep getting these terrible knots and I am tired of half wigs. Also, I do not feel like my hair is growing. What do you guys do when you start feeling like this? I might need to try another hair style. I am trying to wear a protective style one more year so I can reach my goal but I do not know if I can make it. :wallbash:

Umm have you clarified lately?

ETA: Also what is your regime like, I mean what do you use in your hair now?

Last edited:
Not sure if uplifiting shampoo is for dandruff but you may want to incorporate a dandruff shampoo into your routine. Kerecare makes a great one.

The length of your hair won't change overnight but if you have great fundamentals and you stick to it, you should see progress over time.

Not sure if uplifiting shampoo is for dandruff but you may want to incorporate a dandruff shampoo into your routine. Kerecare makes a great one.

The length of your hair won't change overnight but if you have great fundamentals and you stick to it, you should see progress over time.

trur true ..ill chek this out

I'm sorry you're feeling this way:Rose: I feel frustrated about my hair too from time to time. I think most people do in one form or another.

Regarding the dandruff, have you ever tried tea tree oil? If not, you may want to do a little research on it as a natural remedy for dandruff, DH actually had a mild problem with dandruff and used tea tree oil which helped quite a bit.

What kind of conditioner are you using? Do you do deep conditioning treatments at all?

Regarding growth, for me taking pictures really helps, I take pics and I put them away in my journal, then I go get myself a couple new hair toys and start practicing with different styles just to break things up a bit. I'm certain your hair is growing, it's just that watching for the growth only brings more frustration, believe me I know. When I started tucking mine away and forgetting about it - or at least trying to forget about it, I noticed that before long I was actually making some progress, and the pictures were my proof:yep:.

This just works for me, perhaps something else might work better for you, just do something that lifts your spirits and forget about your hair for a while. Perhaps before you know it, you'll see things a little differently and you'll be ready to continue with your hair journey, which always has it's ups and downs, but it's the journey that's the fun part of it.

:bighug:

what is your hair type. washing daily could be the problem because my father is type 2 something and he use to shampoo daily and he started getting rashes and knots in his hair. now he co washes and uses leave in. hes been using redken extreme condish so ill ask him how thats been working out for him.
so yea maybe its the washing everyday

I'm sorry you're feeling this way:Rose: I feel frustrated about my hair too from time to time. I think most people do in one form or another.

Regarding the dandruff, have you ever tried tea tree oil? If not, you may want to do a little research on it as a natural remedy for dandruff, DH actually had a mild problem with dandruff and used tea tree oil which helped quite a bit.

What kind of conditioner are you using? Do you do deep conditioning treatments at all?

Regarding growth, for me taking pictures really helps, I take pics and I put them away in my journal, then I go get myself a couple new hair toys and start practicing with different styles just to break things up a bit. I'm certain your hair is growing, it's just that watching for the growth only brings more frustration, believe me I know. When I started tucking mine away and forgetting about it - or at least trying to forget about it, I noticed that before long I was actually making some progress, and the pictures were my proof:yep:.

This just works for me, perhaps something else might work better for you, just do something that lifts your spirits and forget about your hair for a while. Perhaps before you know it, you'll see things a little differently and you'll be ready to continue with your hair journey, which always has it's ups and downs, but it's the journey that's the fun part of it.

I Too Agree.
Just focus on developing a solid regimen, be careful of trying to do exactly what someone else is doing, and take lots of pictures to look back at.
:bighug: cheer up

Back