Frustrated With My Hair

910danielle1987

My hair is just so boring lately. It's barely grazing my collarbone, which I'm convinced is the most boring hair length ever, atleast for me. I basically wear it down in a flat wrap everyday which would be okay if my hair was longer like it was before I had setbacks, but at this length it looks bad.

It's weird because my hair is healthier now than it was back then when it was long, but damaged, but back then I could always make my hair look like something, now that's a miracle these days.

My hair looks amazing when I get a doobie done at a salon, but I definitely don't have the money to make that an every week thing. I've tried to attempt my own rollersets but they turn out to be a tangled, HAM. :( Any suggestions?

My suggestion is to be patient. What is your regimen? You say your hair is much more healthier now than it was back then, so you must be on the right track in having a good regimen.

My hair was also; No is also in a state where I am not always satisfied with my hair. I am alittle past APL. However, it has taken me years and I mean YEARS to get to this point from years of severe breakage from perm damage. I had to actually cut all my hair to less than 1 inch and grew it out naturally. Now being a natural I've learned to focus on the health of my hair than the length. Remember there are beautiful heads of hair in all lengths. Take care of yours and it will grow long.

Have you tried braid outs an bantu knots? of course it'll cause your hair to look a bit shorter but they are so cute! And refreshing change. Also, if you really like the idea of rollersets I would keep practicing. Use the search engine to learn different techniques to perfect it. Many of the ladies here failed the first few times when they started doing rollersets but after many tries they are now rollersetting pros!

How about getting a fall or a phony pony or the Mane Clip and protective styling? Wearing your hair down at that length every day is just an invitation for ends to be torn and worn by friction against your clothes...and hence stagnation at that length. Protective styling (and there are so many accessories that can adorn French Rolls and buns to make them fun) can help you get past that awkward stage. Some make it past that without protective styling. But most people usually have to, to make it beyond where you are.

Try curly styles, like bantu knots, or braidouts (like in my avatar) for a change.

You can also experiment with cute updos with different clips, hair assessories. My hair is about the same length as yours and today I'm wearing a headband with the bangs swooped to the side and the back is tucked under, so it looks like I have a short bob.

Just as isawstars said...it will look shorter but its really cute!

Or maybe a cute wig with a hot stlye... I brought one the other day bc I don't want to manipulate my hair during the summer months...It's a cute Rihanna stlye bob, it allows me to rock a cute style and keep my hair underneath protected and moisturized.

^^IA..Rock a nice wig until your hair gets a little longer. Maybe a synthetic lacefront.

Back