Frustrated and confused

Bellasmom

Hello Ladies,
I have been on this hair journey since 2006. *I achieved a little past mbl and was doing so well until February of last year when I gave birth. I know due to hormonal changes your hair can really take a beating. But this is beyond ridiculous.* My hair is shedding and breaking so much so that I have gone from mbl to barely shoulder length. I’ve had to cut 3 times since February because of split ends and damage. *I do no heat, protein, moisture, sealing you name it I’ve tried it. I stopped relaxing for about six month until just last week.* My hair is still shedding and breaking (little hairs and hairs with the white bulb).* My hair feels soft but it looks dull, the ends are somewhat dry and at this point I don’t know how to help myself get my length and healthy hair back.* HELP!!! What am I doing wrong?
P.S. I relaxed a week ago and did a protein/moisture regimen last night along with a roller set.
Current products
Kenra moisturizing shampoo
Kenra Moisturizing condish
Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor (used because of relaxer a week ago)
Kenra leave-in spray.*

Your issue is internal not external. I had massive shedding after my last DD and it wasn't until I addressed my nutrition (or lack there of) that the problem began to get better.

Diet, Exercise, Supplementation is working for me. Besides all the stuff we do here for hair :)

One thing that I always recommend for shedding and breakage is ORS Replenishing Pak. I don't know what it is, but in my experience, it always does the trick.

Are you using anything on your scalp?

Have you tried tea rinses?

It could be a lot of things. You should get a physical and talk to your doctor about this.

Why did you wait so long and not go to the doctor. This is just a hair board. All of the answers are not here. You probably could've kept your hair. And just because you take vitamins doesn't mean you can't be vitamin defficient. Sometimes, what's in that little pill is not enough for your body's needs.

I take omega-3 and my doctor thought it was a thyroid issue but its not. Will have to make an appt for a second opinion I guess

I would talk to my doctor/dermatologist about this. Also, have you tried vitamins like MSM, Biotin, Nioxin, or a multivitamin. Also, some ladies on here say they add garlic to their shampoo to stop shedding.

Yes, please go to the doctor! This sounds like a hormonal issue, not a hair practices issue. :(

Back