Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel

soslychic

Who has used this gel? I'm looking for something that I can use to wear my natural hair (when I get there) out and curly. It can't be quite too heavy and I HATE crunchiness. Is this a good option? I've heard a lot about it.

I use it - the green kind- and it works wonders. It is almost like a non greasy curl activator gel. i got the tip from naturallycurly.com

hair 3c

I buy it and i am natural. I just love it as a moisturizer then i apply oils to lock it in . I really dont like it for styling because once it evaporated form your hair it can leave your hair dry (as if you shampooed your hair and did not condition it and left it to dry as is). i find it works well to moisturize but your need something to lock the moisture in and keep your hair soft.

I have not used this stuff but I would suggest using the Cat Walk Curl Rocks. My hair was less tangled and had a light hold when I used the right amount. I have a pic of my hair when I used the curl rocks in my album.

Yes. Aloe vera works very well as a styling aid. I mix mine with water in a spray bottle and spray it on my shake-n-go and it really makes the curls pop.

[ QUOTE ]
Xcellence2 said:
I have not used this stuff but I would suggest using the Cat Walk Curl Rocks. My hair was less tangled and had a light hold when I used the right amount. I have a pic of my hair when I used the curl rocks in my album.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have nice hair
smile.gif

When I first went natural I was also on the 'aloe gel as a non drying curl definer' tip. But I found that because it is mostly water, once it dries - as someone already mentioned- it leaves your hair crunchy unless you seal it with a second product. And I also found that alot of gel was required for my curls to clump; but then again at that point I was looking for my curls to be stretched and then defined, as opposed to seeking definition for my very tight, high-shrinking curls. So it's a matter of realistic expectations as well. Good luck.~

So is it more than this gel CAUSES drying or that it just dosn't put more moisturie IN to your hair because I always use a leave in/moisturizer first. Do you think I would still experience drying after using the aloe vera gel afterward on wet hair?

Do any of the relaxed heads use this. I just ordered some. I would like to incorporate it in my regime. My thought as of now is to mix it with my shea butter for my new growth.

Back