Frozen Henna paste

Crysdon

Let me cut to the chase. I tried Henna & Indigo and I love it but I have a couple of questions.

I have quite a bit of leftover henna so I froze it. I put henna on my hair last weekend, then I applied indigo on my dry hennaed hair this past weekend and it turned out beautiful. I want to do a touch-up every 6 weeks to two months and I'm not sure what to do.

Can I thaw out the henna and touch-up my roots only, then apply indigo to the entire length or do I have to apply henna to the entire length all over again and then follow up with indigo?

How long can you store frozen henna?

TIA

I freeze my leftover henna all the time, thaw it when I am ready and refreeze leftovers.

If you add henna to the new growth and indigo the entire head, your ends may be darker than the new growth because you are applying indigo to them each time. You may want to either just apply both the henna and indigo to the new growth or apply both to the entire head. JMO.

Bumping for more responses.

How long does it typically take henna to thaw? I had some leftover in the freezer from a few months ago and I took it out of the freezer at 7:30 tonight because I want to put it in my grandmother's hair in the morning.

Will it be ready to use by the AM? Is there anything I can do to speed up the thawing process with damaging the henna?

I thought you couldn't save left over indigo?...When i order henna from Mendani(sp) the little booklet said you couldn't and in a hour the Indigo could dismain? I do freeze my henna mixes though...

Bumping for more responses.

How long does it typically take henna to thaw? I had some leftover in the freezer from a few months ago and I took it out of the freezer at 7:30 tonight because I want to put it in my grandmother's hair in the morning.

Will it be ready to use by the AM? Is there anything I can do to speed up the thawing process with damaging the henna?

You can put it in the stove on 200-250 for 30 mins to an hour and then use it. That is what i do. Haven't ruined a container yet. The dye releases more and my mixture is creamier. HTH.

Another option is taking it out a few days before you henna and putting it in the refridgerator.

You can put it in the stove on 200-250 for 30 mins to an hour and then use it. That is what i do. Haven't ruined a container yet. The dye releases more and my mixture is creamier. HTH.

Another option is taking it out a few days before you henna and putting it in the refridgerator.

Thanks! :grin:

Back