From Thin To Thick Pics

Blaque*Angel

Hey LADIES,

I was wondering if anyone has achieved thicker strands of hair and how?
I know Castor oil, B Vitamins..etc help with thickening the hair,
what has worked for you? please share.:)

My hair was very thin and see-through when I started out on this journey 3 years ago. I stopped using heat completely and I noticed my hair started thickening up as a result. :yep:

Great post!! I was thinking the same thing! I'm so needing thinkness right now and inspiration! I've figured out the culprit and that's not stretching my relaxers. Anyway ladies, bring the pics!

OT: Isis I can't believe your gorgeous mane was ever see through thin! Wow!

honeycomb719 said:
I agree your hair is beautiful and THICK!!!
Thank you Honeycomb and Shawniegee!

I have one shoulder-length pic when I discovered LHCF where anyone can see right through my hair. Maybe I'll scan it after cropping my face and other people out of it. It was fried, thin and breaking every day from blowdrying and using my Gold N Hot curling iron and hot comb on my relaxed hair. I threw those things away. :nono:

Last edited:
Isis said:
Thank you Honeycomb and Shawniegee!

I have one shoulder-length pic when I discovered LHCF where anyone can see right through my hair. Maybe I'll scan it after cropping my face and other people out of it. It was fried, thin and breaking every day from blowdrying and using my Gold N Hot curling iron and hot comb on my relaxed hair. I threw those things away. :nono:

Can't wait to see the picture. I'm sure the seeing the comparison will be VERY encouraging to many.

The first pic is from early February 2006, the second pic is from the last week in May 2006. I add castor oil to most of my products and take GNC UltraNourishHair, Biotin & MSM which seem to help also. Im still working on it though....hopefully by September it will be a little thicker on the ends. My ng is crazy thick its amazing to me because my hair used to be superthin for the years that I did it myself.

Attachments

• February 2006 01.jpg
    February 2006 01.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 283
  • June 07 001.jpg
    June 07 001.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
MissFallon said:
The first pic is from early February 2006, the second pic is from the last week in May 2006. I add castor oil to most of my products and take GNC UltraNourishHair, Biotin & MSM which seem to help also. Im still working on it though....hopefully by September it will be a little thicker on the ends. My ng is crazy thick its amazing to me because my hair used to be superthin for the years that I did it myself.

Wow! That's great progress MissFallon. Did you limit heat on your hair as well? How do you wear your hair most days?

Limiting heat, going natural and using castor oil are my secrets to thick hair. My hair hasn't been this thick in decades.

shelli4018 said:
Wow! That's great progress MissFallon. Did you limit heat on your hair as well? How do you wear your hair most days?

I have used direct heat on my hair (excluding my bangs that grow no matter what) 3 times since January to flat iron my hair. I wear my hair in bun with a stocking foot part on top of it to protect my ends with a phony pony on it everyday. I have clip in extensions so maybe once or twice a month ill put them in and wear them but not too often because i'm too paranoid and feel like my hair might break or my ends might get messed up.

ETA: I was rollersetting and sitting under the dryer on high for 45 mins ( I know its supposed to be medium but I was always a person who hated sitting under the dryer longer than 30 mins). As of last night I am rollersetting and airdrying overnight or during the day.

Last edited:
Isis said:
My hair was very thin and see-through when I started out on this journey 3 years ago. I stopped using heat completely and I noticed my hair started thickening up as a result. :yep:

your hair is just too AMAZING for words Isis :love:

I love your advice, Diet and regime also-

Can't wait to see your pics ;)

MissFallon said:

MissFallon, That is excellent progress in three months! :eek:

Happy Hair Growing Girl ;) :)

Try looking ar sareca's album. I also think her before and after pictures are in her signature. I absolutely love her album and the progress she has made. Sorry to call you out sareca, but you have beautiful hair.

I have very fine hair. 500 milligrams of Pantothenic acid (B5) twice a day has worked wonders on my hair. My hair is much thicker and my stylist says I have a whole new head of hair.

Mariaat40 said:
I have very fine hair. 500 milligrams of Pantothenic acid (B5) twice a day has worked wonders on my hair. My hair is much thicker and my stylist says I have a whole new head of hair.

I am so trying to get on board with this. I had a mishap in April with a no lye relaxer which had my head shedding like a dog. I want to regain the thickness I had before so I am so going to do this.

Mariaat40 said:

The supplements worked for me too. I call Pantothenic, biotin, and MSM the Trifecta. To eliminate breakage, I stopped using flat irons, use Surge, and added protein conditioners to my regimen. I've had people say it's like a whole new head of hair too.

These are things that I think helped me:

1) Using castor oil
2) Little to no heat
3) CO washing
4) Stretching relaxers
5) No wrapping
6) Using a boar brush instead of a hard bristle brush
7) Protective styles (buns)
8) Surge

Progress-vi.jpg

Last edited:
michelle3147 said:
I can only wonder how long it takes to see results. I wanna some see progress by the start of my transition.:p

Michelle what is your regimen? How often do you relax, trim, and what products do you use? Your hair always looks so healthy and thick in your pictures. When are you going to make a hair album? :)

This thread is inspirational... for me to start my pp pills, and buy some castor oil.... BTW what all do yall use , where do u get it from... my hair is thinning because of the lack of care I have going on... I have decided that I will only be doing wet pony and braiouts from summer... I just experienced 90 degree hieat hitting back... NOT GOOD AT ALL...

Vicki in Oregon said:
Is it okay to take 500mg of panothetic acid 2X a day? is it water soluble? thanks!

Vicki it is perfectly safe to take pantothenic acid 2x a day because it is a water-soluable vitamin. So whatever your body doesn't need will be excreted in your urine. BTW I personally take 500mg of GNC pantothenic acid and it does increase the thickness of your hair. I have seen results and I have only been taking it a little over a month now. Oh, and I take mine 2x a day also:)

Thank you Nikkipoo! Are there any other individual vitamins/minerals you think are good to take by themselves (which means higher dosage)? I take my hair/skin/nails supplement and also add to it biotin, inositol etc…is there others we should take individually too in addition to the panthenol? As in choline, kelp (iodine), folic acid etc…? What do you think? And is MSM capsules/tablets as effective as the powdered MSM? Because I cannot stand the taste of it. I got the Vitamin World brand and it was terrible I threw it out. Yet I hear with the powder people getting clearer skin, whiter teeth etc... Thank you!

Back