From Relaxed Hair to Texlax Hair

LadyCee

Have any of you ladies gone from relaxed to texlaxed hair purposely?

What method do you use for texlaxing?

What are the pros?

What are the cons?

Do you regret it or are happy about the results?

And other comments?

I'm happy with the results. My hair is much thicker and can withstand much more. My transition to texlaxed took about 2.5 years.

Have any of you ladies gone from relaxed to texlaxed hair purposely?

--Yes. Except, I let my hair grow out for a year, gradually chopping the old relaxed ends off so I had a completely new hair of hair before texlaxing.

What method do you use for texlaxing?

--I go to the salon. My stylist uses a mild relaxer (currently Phyto Index I), applies the relaxer following my wave pattern--I'm a 4b--and times it about 10 to 12 minutes.

What are the pros?

--The line of demarcation is less pronounced so I have less breakage. I can stretch retouches much longer. I have more styling options without using heated appliances. My hair is much fuller. I was able to stop trimming my ends. If one chooses to stop relaxing (as I plan to), transitioning to natural is much easier because you can avoid the big chop if your hair is not straightened too much.

What are the cons?

--I have to spend a long time detangling my hair if I use the wrong products. It's still relaxed hair, so it requires the same special handling and moisturizing. It is more affected by humidity than hair that is relaxed straight.

Do you regret it or are happy about the results?

--I am very happy with my hair most of the time.

And other comments?

None! :)

Back