From Henna to Hair Dye: Plus and Many Minuses

auparavant

Plus
from baq henna to hair dye won't break your hair off and is compatible...

Minus
if you don't use indigo.

I used indigo for a jet black look then soon tired of it and applied several layers of "red" henna over it, getting a redder color. No Color Oops or anything like that. It built up to a redder color. But I wanted to go even redder so I chose box dye months later from my last henna. Problems? It lifted some of the color but my new growth was Ronald McDonald and the rest was a darker auburn. :nono: So I tired of it and 2 weeks later, decided to go to L'Oreal's Feria Light Black Auburn for a different kind of red because I knew I'd still have trouble lifting all that residual indigo. My roots are lighter still. Now I'll have to use a demi-permanent over this until I can permanently correct it. Sigh.

So, if you have henna + indigo, be forewarned about problems lifting the color the first time around.

Plus
from baq henna to hair dye won't break your hair off and is compatible...

Minus
if you don't use indigo.

I used indigo for a jet black look then soon tired of it and applied several layers of "red" henna over it, getting a redder color. No Color Oops or anything like that. It built up to a redder color. But I wanted to go even redder so I chose box dye months later from my last henna. Problems? It lifted some of the color but my new growth was Ronald McDonald and the rest was a darker auburn. :nono: So I tired of it and 2 weeks later, decided to go to L'Oreal's Feria Light Black Auburn for a different kind of red because I knew I'd still have trouble lifting all that residual indigo. My roots are lighter still. Now I'll have to use a demi-permanent over this until I can permanently correct it. Sigh.

So, if you have henna + indigo, be forewarned about problems lifting the color the first time around.

A beautician told me that L'oreal was the worst box dye ever and she could tell those that have used it a mile away.

Back