From Feb09 to Apr09 pics

hypek

So this is my first set of comparison pics. The first is from Feb. 09 and the second is from April 09. I got a touch up over the weekend and my hairdresser noticed my growth and told me my hair feels stronger and healthier. We agreed that once my short side catches up a bit, then we will trim to get the sides a little more even being that my left side is about 1.5 inches shorter than the right.

How do you combat a stunted side? The hair on my left side even grows at a much slower pace and the texture is looser than the right side. Once I trim to even the sides, I would like to try to keep them even for awhile.

PS. Nevermind my ends... they are a work in progess :ohwell:

Attachments

• feb09.jpg
    feb09.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 76
  • apr09.jpg
    apr09.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 77
Great progress. I too have slower growth rate on my left side. I think i even sleep on my right side. I dunno.

Wow! That's a lot of growth! Congrats!!!!!

Sadly, I don't think there's anything you can do about slow growth on one side. Just gotta embrace it :ohwell:

CONGRATS! Very nice growth. My sides grow slower as well....I've started to take extra care of my sides when conditioning and moisturizing. I'm also going to add growth aid...Maybe that'll you too:rolleyes:

Nice.. i had the same problem at the beginning... unfortunately..when she trimmed..she trimmed the regular side even.. I babied the stunted side and it seems that it has indeed caught up.

That is some real growth! what is your regimine? do you use growth aids at all? details please what in the world have you been doing?

That is some real growth! what is your regimine? do you use growth aids at all? details please what in the world have you been doing?

Thanks! No, I dont use any growth aids. Ive been paying more attention to my hair and when I get my relaxer touched up. Before I would just get a touch up when I felt I needed one, but Im counting weeks now and did a 10 week stretch.

Other than that, I shampoo wash about once 1-2 weeks with cowashes in between if I need them, DC everytime I wash my hair. Oh, and I cut out direct heat. I either do bantu knotouts or rollersets with a hooded dryer. And Ive been sealing my moisturizer with palm oil (which I learned here). :yep:

Back