From Apl To A Pixie Cut...on Purpose

quirkydimples

2015-11-23 21.10.35.jpg 2015-11-23 21.11.43.jpg I wore a bald fade about a decade ago (not for the first time) and grew to shoulder length before relaxing it and eventually (with many setbacks) made it just past APL. I love short hair and from time to time would want to get a pixie or a bob, but I could never justify it to myself. I had a bumpy road earlier this year and when I'm stressed my hair falls out (but just in one area...it's weird and I don't notice at first). So, I figured what better time to go all the way.

I love it! I felt no panic as the hair fell to the ground. The only thing I don't like is that she didn't shave the back...talking about I can use some wax and piece it out if I want. :huh:

So...I'll be going to a barber soon. Other than that...I'm feeling very Boo Boo Kitty with a dash of Claire Underwood.

Before the cut:

2015-11-23 21.56.33.jpg

It looks cute. I had a toni braxton-ish bowl cut in the 7th grade ( breathe again Toni) and that's the last time it was short. I've been itching to go short for about 3 years now, so I understand. I've gone from mid-back, to bra-strap, and now APL. You're inspiring me.

View attachment 343041 View attachment 343043 I wore a bald fade about a decade ago (not for the first time) and grew to shoulder length before relaxing it and eventually (with many setbacks) made it just past APL. I love short hair and from time to time would want to get a pixie or a bob, but I could never justify it to myself. I had a bumpy road earlier this year and when I'm stressed my hair falls out (but just in one area...it's weird and I don't notice at first). So, I figured what better time to go all the way.

I love it! I felt no panic as the hair fell to the ground. The only thing I don't like is that she didn't shave the back...talking about I can use some wax and piece it out if I want. :huh:

So...I'll be going to a barber soon. Other than that...I'm feeling very Boo Boo Kitty with a dash of Claire Underwood.

Before the cut:

View attachment 343047

I love love love it! I adore short hair but letting mine grow out again.

Are you relaxed or natural? I am now natural and wonder how that cut or a similar one would work for me.

I love love love it! I adore short hair but letting mine grow out again.

Are you relaxed or natural? I am now natural and wonder how that cut or a similar one would work for me.
I'm relaxed; 4c. Take a look at The Cut Life IG; I'm pretty sure I saw some natural versions of the haircut.

Honestly, I plan to keep it short for a while, and when I decide to grow it out again I think I'll go natural (for the umpteenth time :drunk:). That's the plan, anyway...

Back