Frizzy hair

bluediamond0829

Hello i live in florida and besides me having fine hair i have problems with firzzy hair especially at my ends...is there any suggestions on what products i can use to get rid of my hair looking frizzy....or what i could do to stop it from being soooo frizzy looking.....

Do you use heat? If so, you may want to do it sparingly, especially in Florida. If you must, hydrate your hair like no one's business. Hair is like a sponge, so the more moisture you put into it, the less it can expand and become frizzy and pouffy.

Since your hair is fine, try a serum or a light oil, cream or pomade. Shine serums are a styling "secret." Not only do they impart shine, they alse hold down fly-aways and help get rid of the halo of frizz that sometimes pops up in warmer temperatures.

Neutrogena has a shine serum in their new Triple Moisture line that's a good all around serum and it won't weigh down fine hair. It also moisturizes pretty well since that's key to getting rid of frizz.

Make sure you use a moisturizing shampoo and a good emollient conditioner and deep conditioner.

Frizz Ease and CitruShine are good serums too. You can also try Tigi Camera Ready Shine and Defrizz.

thanks for the help i just brought a heated roller set..and i wrap my hair...i just grew out a short hair cut and had my hair longer than what i have it now...its in a bob...but i think i also use to use Doo gro this light oil spray that worked great for me...so may have to go and pick some of that up...do u think that is good enough...

To fight frizz generally:

I like a leave in followed by a good hair serum (I like John Frieda Frizz Ease and more recently Vitale Hair Polish)

If you roller set try using some serum in your hair after you have applied setting spray/lotion just before you rollerset.

For the ends:

Try Elasta QP Mango butter, Vaseline or Posner Bergamot on top of a leave in or hair activator spray like care free curl gold or s-curl or Infusium

Look up Baggie in a search, because that's what you need to do to your ends. Also, make sure you have eliminated split ends because they can make your ends look frizzy too.

Last edited:
Back