Frizzy Hair - I need advice, please!

la flaca

ok ladies share some words of knowladge her, please:

I am going on vacation and my hair is a big mess outside the country, so I'd will like to take some products with me but have no idea where to start.

I am looking for a good shampoo, conditioner and leave- in for freeze hair and something for hard water too.:(

Thanks in advanced:)

Shampoo?

Conditioner?

Leave -in ?

for hard water?

I guess it sort of depends on where you're going. When I went to iceland I took my normal moisterizing stuff with me. I also used some condish that they had at the blue lagoon (fab stuff!!)

We were only gone for 5 days so I didn't have to wash but once.

I did braidouts the entire time I was away so I wouldn't have to fool with my hair so much.

So where you going? (I'm nosey:D )

-A

Arcadian said:
I guess it sort of depends on where you're going. When I went to iceland I took my normal moisterizing stuff with me. I also used some condish that they had at the blue lagoon (fab stuff!!)

We were only gone for 5 days so I didn't have to wash but once.

I did braidouts the entire time I was away so I wouldn't have to fool with my hair so much.

So where you going? (I'm nosey:D )

-A

I am going to the caribbean for 2 weeks and I will have to wash while on vacation 'cause is super hot and humidity is out of this world overthere:)

la flaca said:
I am going to the caribbean for 2 weeks and I will have to wash while on vacation 'cause is super hot and humidity is out of this world overthere:)

oooo lucky you!! 2 weeks!! :drool:

I would think you'd want a good moisterizing con and shampoo. As far as combatting humidity I'm at a loss (nothing seems to work for my hair in that area)

-A

Arcadian said:
oooo lucky you!! 2 weeks!! :drool:

I would think you'd want a good moisterizing con and shampoo. As far as combatting humidity I'm at a loss (nothing seems to work for my hair in that area)

-A

Thanks, I guess I will wait for more inputs 'cause humidity is a top problem;)

Laflaca,
Some people use an anti-humectant product by Aveda, I believe it is a serum. Maybe you can do a search for it to find out if that is what you're looking for.

Also, there are some products such as pantene extra liso and sunsilk straighten up that are made for frizzy hair. And of course Frizz-Ease serum. I have not used any of them because i don't have frizzy hair, I have flat hair, but hopefully some one who has used them will chime in.

I recommend Neutrogena Triple Moisture shampoo and conditioner for moisture.

I hope you find something that will work for your trip:D

CAPlush said:
Laflaca,
Some people use an anti-humectant product by Aveda, I believe it is a serum. Maybe you can do a search for it to find out if that is what you're looking for.

Also, there are some products such as pantene extra liso and sunsilk straighten up that are made for frizzy hair. And of course Frizz-Ease serum. I have not used any of them because i don't have frizzy hair, I have flat hair, but hopefully some one who has used them will chime in.

I recommend Neutrogena Triple Moisture shampoo and conditioner for moisture.

I hope you find something that will work for your trip:D

this is the only thing I found by Aveda

I am going on vacation and my hair is a big mess outside the country, so I'd will like to take some products with me but have no idea where to start.

I am looking for a good shampoo, conditioner and leave- in for freeze hair and something for hard water too.

Thanks in advanced

Shampoo?

Conditioner?

Leave -in ?

for hard water?

Bumping...I wish I could help, but my hair & humidity are mortal enemies, too. I've used the Aveda anti-humectant pomade before and it was OK. I'm sure a serum would help, but I don't really like to use those on my hair unless I'm using heat. I think the best thing would be to wear styles that won't look bad if they get a little frizzy, like braidouts.

I would clarify before leaving and do a DC.

For frizz, coconut oil and TIGI Control Freak do the trick for me.

What is your current regimen? It's tough to make recommendations without knowing what you already do and what types of products you use.

Divine Inspiration said:
I would clarify before leaving and do a DC.

For frizz, coconut oil and TIGI Control Freak do the trick for me.

What is your current regimen? It's tough to make recommendations without knowing what you already do and what types of products you use.

I don't do a lot, this is a typical wash/dc day
  • Pre poo with hot oils
  • Wash and then DC with light protein or moisturizers.
  • Roller set
  • and thanks to you guys I started clarifying/protein monthly or every 2 months

You could try Sabino moisture block. It is a serum and it works pretty good. When I was living in San Antonio I would use this and the Aveda anti-humectant and my hair would not frizz up. Hope this helps. :)

www.sabinohair.com

la flaca said:
I don't do a lot, this is a typical wash/dc day
  • Pre poo with hot oils
  • Wash and then DC with light protein or moisturizers.
  • Roller set
  • and thanks to you guys I started clarifying/protein monthly or every 2 months

Ok...so why don't you take your usual poo and con? You could clarify & DC before leaving. You didn't mention your products so I'm not sure whether you use cones or not, but if your hair is cone sensitive, I'd avoid those.

la flaca said:

I am looking for a good shampoo, conditioner and leave- in for freeze hair and something for hard water too.

Thanks in advanced

Shampoo?

Conditioner?

Leave -in ?

for hard water?

A good shampoo for hard water is Kenra Clarifying Shampoo, you can also try their Moisturizing Conditioner, and I really like their Platinum Silkening Gloss for the frizzies. HTH

Have a wonderful vacation.:)

Divine Inspiration said:
Ok...so why don't you take your usual poo and con? You could clarify & DC before leaving. You didn't mention your products so I'm not sure whether you use cones or not, but if your hair is cone sensitive, I'd avoid those.

:) Thanks a lot!!
For shampoos I like KeraCare and Silicon (Dominican)
Conditioner = Dominicans and almost everything:D

la flaca said:
:) Thanks a lot!!
For shampoos I like KeraCare and Silicon (Dominican)
Conditioner = Dominicans and almost everything:D

Gotcha...maybe you could use their clarifying poo (the name escapes me right now) and then DC with Humecto (?) or a yummy Dominican con...

then you could just take a small bottle of moisturizing poo and con and maybe a little serum or oil. (Silken Seal? Keracare oils?)

I agree with the poster who suggested a braidout or some other textured style so that frizz is less of an issue.

Also, I started a thread a while back about frizz because it irks me to no end...I'll bump it for you.

Divine Inspiration said:
Gotcha...maybe you could use their clarifying poo (the name escapes me right now) and then DC with Humecto (?) or a yummy Dominican con...

then you could just take a small bottle of moisturizing poo and con and maybe a little serum or oil. (Silken Seal? Keracare oils?)

I agree with the poster who suggested a braidout or some other textured style so that frizz is less of an issue.

Also, I started a thread a while back about frizz because it irks me to no end...I'll bump it for you.

Thanks a lot Divine Inspiration after all this info. :) I think I'll make

la flaca said:

I thought this was the Aveda Pomade I would need but I sampled both and I love the blue one better. (Humectant Pomade) The lady at Aveda explain the Blue is better for natural curls. The White is better for straight looks. Again, My hair just loved the Blue better.

Enjoy your trip.

Letitia said:
I thought this was the Aveda Pomade I would need but I sampled both and I love the blue one better. (Humectant Pomade) The lady at Aveda explain the Blue is better for natural curls. The White is better for straight looks. Again, My hair just loved the Blue better.

Enjoy your trip.

Thanks Letitia, I guess I will have to try them both :grin::D

Hey Girl, I hear and know personally that Bed Head has some great products to control frizz as well as John Freida Frizz eeze...I think that"s how you spell it:look:
Bed head has Control freak shampoo, conditioner and leave-in that work wonders for frizz control. There are other really good bed head products but I am not sure what they are. Im also not quite sure of the exact products from John Freida but I see members mentioning that line a lot for issues like new growth or controlling frizz so maybe someone who knows about that will jump in and give advice;) Have a great trip and take care of those tresses!

Just chiming in with another vote for twist-outs and braid-outs when on holiday. Frizz is actually your friend when wearing those styles. HTH.

la flaca said:

I used this and it kept frizzies at bay but it left my hair feeling a little greasy. My hair doesn't like that feeling. I was using it to weigh my curls down on top of my weave. It was supposed to keep the moisture out which would make my hair shrink up. The Humectant pomade would be better for you than the Anti Humectant. But both of them come in a small jar and it's like 18.50. I think you'd be going through a lot of it since you have so much hair.

bmoreflyygirl said:
The Humectant pomade would be better for you than the Anti Humectant. But both of them come in a small jar and it's like 18.50. I think you'd be going through a lot of it since you have so much hair.

Well I will have to buy both then to see which one will work overthere, and I do not have a lot of hair it just looks like it:lol::lol:

Last edited:
la flaca said:
Well I will have to buy both then to see which one will work overthere, and I do not have a lot of hair it just looks like it:lol::lol:

LOL yes you do! And that jar is small. It smelled nice though.

sorry, I am very late to this post....but I live inthe Bahamas, that has a climate and water basically like the rest of the caribbean.....You definately need a chelating shampoo like Kenra Clarifying shampoo, also a moisturising shampoo like Keracare Hyd & Detangling Shampoo, a conditioner like Humecto, and very good detangler (I use VO5 detangler) keep in mind that these products still will not work as "good" as they will work in a soft water location.

For the frizzies, I use Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum.

HTH

Divine Inspiration said:

DI....Did you post your frizz thread??? I was looking around for it. TIA

foxy kc said:
sorry, I am very late to this post....but I live inthe Bahamas, that has a climate and water basically like the rest of the caribbean.....You definately need a chelating shampoo like Kenra Clarifying shampoo, also a moisturising shampoo like Keracare Hyd & Detangling Shampoo, a conditioner like Humecto, and very good detangler (I use VO5 detangler) keep in mind that these products still will not work as "good" as they will work in a soft water location.

For the frizzies, I use Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum.

HTH
Thanks Foxy, I am going to get this 'cause the last 2 times I've been to the Caribbean my hair has been a huge mess and I am tired of buns and ponytails:D :D :D I wanna look cute:p

Letitia:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=120239

Back