Frizzy ends help

con

I've been lurking here for a few weeks, and I have found an answer to a question about my ends. Back in June my hairstylist trimmed my ends by an inch, and now I'm working on getting my hair healthier and longer. I've only been relaxing my hair or a little over 3 years, and my last touch-up was 3 and a half weeks ago. Last week I washed my hair with the new knowledge of being able to recognize the difference between protein and moisturizing conditioners. I used the ntm dry scalp shampoo in one lather and then nexxus therappe with one lather then i deep conditioned with the ntm deep recovery hair mask for about 30 minutes. I "rollerset" my hair, and I'm not sure if I didn't stay under the dryer long enough or my technique just sucks. My ends have stayed so frizzy ever since. Also, there seems to be some breakage when I run my fingers through it. Do I need to deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner now? I've been putting hair moisturizer on them twice a day all week, but the frizzies still stay. I also get a bad case of the itchies about 5 days after a wash. I have an arsenal now of products that I can possibly use to help:

NTM-DRY SCALP SOOTHING SHAMPOO - to help with itch and flaking
PURE STRENGTH CONDITIONING TREATMENT
DAILY DEEP CONDITIONER
DEEP RECOVERY HAIR MASK
SILK TOUCH LEAVE-IN CREAM

NEXXUS-ALOE RID
THERAPPE
HUMECTRESS
EMERGENCEE

DOO GRO STIMULATING GROWTH OIL - for itch and flaking

OPTIMUM OIL THERAPY 3-IN-1 CREME OIL MOISTURIZER
AND OPTIMUM OIL THERAPY SHINE BOOSTER

BIOSILK SILK THERAPY

FRIZZ EASE HAIR SERUM EXTRA STRENGTH AND THERMAL PROTECTION

As you can see, I'm well on my way to becoming a product junky if I can't find a resolution to my hair soon. Please help! Any suggestions?
Oh, and here are also a couple of pics of my ends:
http://picasaweb.google.com/con4cyn/Hair

Last edited:
It sounds and looks like you need to up the moisturizing deep conditioning treatments. You're just beginning your journey so it may take a few months before the breakage completely goes away or is at least cut down to a minimum. Also, is that a color in your hair? Permanent? That could be another reason why your ends are so dry. Permanent colors can be very drying if they arent done properly and if your hair isnt cared for properly. :sad:

Oh and my head itches if I dont wash for a week too, so I think thats pretty normal.:grin:

Hope this helps!:grin:

Thanks for the suggestion. That color in my hair is from the sunlight coming from my skylight. I got had a color rinse back in May of last year. I would think the color would have come out by now. I'm going to try to deep condition once a week, and see if that will improve my hair and keep it from the frizz.

Deep conditioning and roller setting is going to make a big difference,I bet. I'd recommend putting the Frizz Ease away, that could be the problem right there. That stuff never felt right on my hair.

Not wanting to contribute to your PJism, you might want to try Sabinos Moisture Block. That and Aveda's Damage Remedy line have made a big difference in my hair.

Back