Frizzy Ends AFTER trim?

inthepink

There was a portion of my hair in the back that was already natural before I got my huge trim last week. I know when my hair was trimmed last week that she would have trimmed a bit of that section too. The problem is that that section used to curl into a nice silky curl. Now, it still curls but the very ends where it was trimmed is sort frizzy. What would cause this? Isn't a trim supposed to result in smoother hair? Could it be the hair is so "blunt" cut that it's too much to wrap around itself thus causing a frizzy end instead of a smooth end? I've never had this problem before. I've even trimmed a tiny section of my broken pieces myself and that made them only smoother. Now, I'm afraid that once I cut the rest of my relaxed ends, they'll all be this way. Anyone have a clue?

Edited to add - sections that were trimmed with relaxed hair still left are just fine. The very bottom back section just seems to be a problem whether it has relaxed ends left or not....the end of the "curl" is frizzy.

Your natural hair is very beautiful and lovely!
wink.gif
You had a great transition!
smile.gif

Thanks Poohbear.

I guess no one has a clue about my question...but the good news for me is that I evaluated my hair more closely and I realized that the frizzy ends are only where there's like a half inch of relaxed hair. I think once it's cut above the demarcation line, they will be fine. {whew!}

[ QUOTE ]
hairlove said:
I guess no one has a clue about my question...but the good news for me is that I evaluated my hair more closely and I realized that the frizzy ends are only where there's like a half inch of relaxed hair. I think once it's cut above the demarcation line, they will be fine. {whew!}

[/ QUOTE ]
So, are you saying your relaxed ends are what's frizzy? Was your relaxed hair over processed? They always looked so smooth in your pictures. Anyways, I'm glad you figured it out.

Allandra,

I think my demarcation line is a little frizzy in some sections of the back of my hair...probably as a result of breakage. Not really sure. But yes, when my hair is wet or straight, you can't really tell. I have a ways to go before I have VERY healthy hair again.
perplexed.gif
If I ever see that stylist on the street...
whip.gif

Back