Frizzy Braidouts??

girlyprincess23

I was wondering how you ladies that do regular braidouts combat frizziness!! I did my first braidout last night and it was curly but it was too frizzy to like wear down...so i had to leave out a few strands and put the rest up. I just wanted to see how everyone combats this.

when i do mine i always do it with a little conditioner, leave in of course, and a little oil/moisturizer or something. I have natural hair so when i do it that way it keeps the frizz to a minimum.

interesting never thought of using conditioner...i do have some anti-frizz stuff up stairs though...ill have to try 1 of those next time! thank you ladies!!!

bumpin 4 anymore thoughts!!

when i do mine i always do it with a little conditioner, leave in of course, and a little oil/moisturizer or something. I have natural hair so when i do it that way it keeps the frizz to a minimum.

Just a side thought... I love the pic in your siggy!!!!

As long as I make sure that my hair is 100% dry before unbraiding it, it usually does not come out frizzy. Also, I have to be careful when I'm separating the sections so that it doesn't get all big.

Are you making sure the braids are completely dry before unraveling, b/c if they're not your hair will def frizz. That's always been my experience. I also agree with the other ladies use a leave in and serum I also like to use wrap foam for my braid outs as well:yep: Rember the hair has to be completely dry.

ETA Sorry Nay didn't see your post until I was done typing, but we seem to be thinking down the same lines.

Another option is to make your braids on hair that has already dried. If the hair is freshly clean and dried, the waves will set faster, without additional product. I can get a nice, loose braidout on airdried hair after only 30 minutes in braids (I make four). :yep:

yeah it def wasn't completely dry my hair taks forever to dry!!! maybe i should try the dry technique...i would have to let it air dry all day!!!

I don't have much to add except that DRYING 100% IS KEY if you're doing it on wet hair. B/c if you hair isn't dry, once you take the braids down, and as your hair dries (unbraided) that's where you get your frizz and "bigg-ness" (I know...not a word:grin:) from. My hair takes forever to dry too so I usually end up sitting under the dryer for a little bit and then going to bed or else I will do it on the weekend when I know i will be in the house all day.

BB

I've been wearing braidouts exclusively for the last eight months, and in my experience, I get the best results when I braid already (blow-)dried hair.

I've done braidouts on my wet hair twice and got a frizzy tangled mess both times, despite doing immaculate braids. I also worry about breakage when manipulating my wet hair.

As long as I make sure that my hair is 100% dry before unbraiding it, it usually does not come out frizzy. Also, I have to be careful when I'm separating the sections so that it doesn't get all big.

ITA. I think that's half the battle. My ends always eventually get frizzy though.

try to do it on damp hair and coat each braid with alma oil after it is braided. i dont do braid outs but when i take my hair down from my one braid before i shower each day my hair is so shiny and the waves are really defined.

eta: maybe you can try braiding it on dry hair as u normally do then spray each one down with a water bottle and then coat with oil. maybe that will help it to dry faster as its not so wet.

Last edited:
Back