Fresh relaxer + Nioxin Follicle Booster = ?

kedra70

For those of you that use the follicle booster - I was wondering how soon after you get your relaxer do you apply it? I got my relaxer today, and purchased the follicle booster today too.

I was checking out the ingredients and notice that some of the oils listed could cause irritation to the scalp - this doesn't sound like something I would use immediately after getting my perm.

Thanks in advance,
Kedra

Hi Kedra,

I don't know about the Nioxin Follicle Booster because I haven't used it. But I know that with the ORS Root Stimulator, the instruction says to discontinue use 4 days before and 7 days after all chemical services. Assuming that these 2 items do the same thing and have very similar ingredients, the same directions may be applicable to the Nioxin Follicle Booster. Hope I was able to offer some help. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i agree with those instructions, pebbles. after a relaxer, the scalp is WIDE open. kedra, i think waiting a week is good. let us know how you like the Nioxin. i wanna know how effective it is so i can tell my sister-in-law. she wants to try it but only if it works for someone that we "know."

thanks! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

For someone like me that's used it. I'd say wait a good week before you do. It will tingle the hell out of your scalp. Let the scalp settle down and it maybe a good idea to use it after your next hair wash after the relaxer.

Thanks for all those helpful replies. I used the ORS Fertilizing Balm - I think it is wise to wait a week. I'll let you know how it works.

Thanks again,
Kedra

i would wait a couple of washes after the perm your scalp is open and you just got a chemical i use the organic root stimulator fertilizer and i usually wait until a couple of washes then i continue to use it.

Nioxin Follicle Booster or Organic Root Stimulator

hi kedra, which one is the best out of the two? Organic root stimulator or nioxin follicle booster?

Back