Frederic Fekkai Protein Rx Reparative Mask

lexi08

I am interested in trying the Fekkai protein products. It seems to get really good reviews. Is anyone currently using this product or any of the other products in this line? Do you use a moisturizing conditioner afterward? TIA

Coincidentially, this is on my List of things to buy next time I am in Sephora.:look:

I know a few ladies here use this product and have had great results. Hopefully, they will post. They actually "talked" me into try this one.

I currently use: Ferederic Fekkai Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque and the Frederic Fekkai Glossing Creme and I love them both.:love5:

I can't wait to try the Reparative Mask. I keep putting off the trip to Sephora because I think I may get in there and lose my mind.:spinning:

But I will be picking this one up soon.

Coincidentially, this is on my List of things to buy next time I am in Sephora.:look:

I know a few ladies here use this product and have had great results. Hopefully, they will post. They actually "talked" me into try this one.

I currently use: Ferederic Fekkai Shea Butter Deep Treatment Masque and the Frederic Fekkai Glossing Creme and I love them both.:love5:

I can't wait to try the Reparative Mask. I keep putting off the trip to Sephora because I think I may get in there and lose my mind.:spinning:

But I will be picking this one up soon.

Thanks for the reply. I am definitely going to try the protein mask. I was wondering if other ladies here were currently using the product with good results.

Do you use the Shea Butter treatment with heat? What type of shampoo to you use with the mask? I may try the shea butter line later in summer.

Thanks for the reply. I am definitely going to try the protein mask. I was wondering if other ladies here were currently using the product with good results.

Do you use the Shea Butter treatment with heat? What type of shampoo to you use with the mask? I may try the shea butter line later in summer.

I Did PM them and ask them to please come in and post a review. Just waiting....:look:

I do Love the Shea Butter Mask. :love: And Yes, I use it with Heat either with my Steamer or Heat Cap.

And I also Absolutely Love the Glossing Creme:love:

I thought both of these were Good Products, You really might want to consider.:yep:

There is a couple of Frederic Fekkai Threads out there.:yep:

Co-Signing on the Glossing Creme.

I actually have never used the Reparative Mask as a deep conditioner, so cannot comment to this one. However, I did try the Protein RX Repair Treatment as a leave in, which is a part of the line. I really liked it. I have heard strong reviews on the mask, but somehow it never made it into rotation.

I would actually be interested in hearing reviews on this too....if I remember correctly, one thing I liked about the leave in is that it left my hair pretty soft for a protein, but still strong. Usually my hair needs a follow up moisturizing treatment to feel soft afterwards. I wonder if the FF Reparative DC has a similar impact.

I'm sure that I tried this before, but I really don't remember much about it. Must not have impressed me. But the Glossing Cream is one of my staples. I love this stuff. It is my daily moisturizer and I use it morning, noon and night on my ends and edges.

I would consider it an 8.

It is made up of milk and soy proteins, so it's not as strong as the Aphogee, but it is still very effective.

After using, my hair feels strengthened but at the same time softer. My hair feels so good to touch after using it.

It's a very dense and rich product so you don't need to use too much. I make sure that I concentrate on my troublesome areas (hairline, crown etc) and of course my ends, and distribute evenly to the rest of the hair. I don't think there's much point in using too much as you'll just end up wasting product.

I pad mine out by alternating it with my Aphogee 2 minute; so I use my F/Fekkai fortnightly. It's working out well at the moment and I'm pleased with the results so far.

This is what I posted previously about the Fekkai Rx Protein Mask. Although since posting this I've changed my regimen slightly. I'm not using the Rx too much these days as I've been using my Redken Extreme Deep Fuel treatment. However because the Rx is not a heavy protein I will still continue to use it occasionally, especially as I intend to increase my DC's to 3 x per week.

What you will notice about the Rx is it leaves the hair soooo soft - it really is lovely. I don't think you even need to follow it up with a moisturising conditioner, but I always do cause I'm just paranoid like that.

If your hair is brittle, dry and damaged, and you need to incorporate protein this is a good place to start because it will give you the strength that your hair needs but not so much that you get a protein overload. The fragrance smells akin to a vanilla pudding or similar, some may find it a little strong, but it never really bothered me. It's an expensive conditioner, but worth it. I will re-purchase once I run out. :)

I bought the Fekkai protein mask as well as the leave in protein spray probably sometime last year. I don't think I've been consistent enough to see any real results. All I can say is I definitely need a moisturizer afterwards otherwise my hair will feel dry. Honestly, since I've been using the Cantu Shea Butter, a lot of my other protein and moisturizing products have been pushed to the side. I love the Cantu Shea Butter!!

This is what I posted previously about the Fekkai Rx Protein Mask. Although since posting this I've changed my regimen slightly. I'm not using the Rx too much these days as I've been using my Redken Extreme Deep Fuel treatment. However because the Rx is not a heavy protein I will still continue to use it occasionally, especially as I intend to increase my DC's to 3 x per week.

What you will notice about the Rx is it leaves the hair soooo soft - it really is lovely. I don't think you even need to follow it up with a moisturising conditioner, but I always do cause I'm just paranoid like that.

If your hair is brittle, dry and damaged, and you need to incorporate protein this is a good place to start because it will give you the strength that your hair needs but not so much that you get a protein overload. The fragrance smells akin to a vanilla pudding or similar, some may find it a little strong, but it never really bothered me. It's an expensive conditioner, but worth it. I will re-purchase once I run out. :)

I really like the Redken Extreme line also, I have been using those products for a few years and feel its time to switch up my regimen a bit. My hair is not damaged or unusually dry, I use the treatments more as a preventive measure since I do use direct heat regularly during the summer months.

Back