Freaky length thing going on

diamondlady

I have a lot of hair drama and some illness in which the meds gave me even more hair drama. I thought I was shedding but when my sister-in-law (a nurse) saw what was going on with my hair she said it's breaking. A close look, no bulb on the end. It's been going on for a long time. My sister-in-law suggested some products, my doctor smiled and said there isn't much that can be done. I'm still fighting it.

I've been deep conditioning, moisturizing, no heat, loose buns, messy updos, little handling, gentle treatment, the "SUPERGIRL" remedy thread for breakage and trying to make the most of a bad situation.

Today I did a length check for the first time in a long time. I did a rollerset. What was funny was I found a spot in the front (about the size of a dime that was 1.5 inches long and about 5 hairs in the back of my head that were about 18" long. I'm not kidding only about 5 hairs. My husband say that these were strong hairs that just didn't break like the others. It was strange to see these few long hairs that went beyond my goals while the rest of hair is far from it.

I have a freaky length thing going on. There are all lengths in my head. I cut those 5 hairs to match the majority of hair in the back which is about 11"

Has this ever happened to anyone else? A few hair running off leaving the others.

What's the SUPERGIRL remedy for breakage thread - would you please post a link? I couldn't find it in the search.

I am sorry you are going through this, the "Supergirl" method ought to really help. It sounds like you are doing the right things.

The back of my hair grows really fast, the left back grows so much faster than the right that I have to cut it more to keep them both even. This is strange because the growth spurts on the left back happen in different seasons. Most of the time my hair will grow in a V shape, then the spurt will hit and the left side will take off.

Softresses

My hair grows at very different speeds, so I have a lot of different lengths. This is normal for me. I don't cut the longer hairs, though, because they are perfectly healthy. But, I usually I wear my hair up, curled, or covered, so I don't worry about them being obvious. Eventually, most of my hair catches up. :)

Back