Fragrance in Conditioners?

Aireen

This might be a question for chemists or chemistry students. Feel free to jump in if you're not though to add your two cents. :look:
I've recently heard that fragrance in conditioners counts for about 1% (or less) of its makeup. Meaning that anything AFTER fragrance counts for LESS than the percentage of fragrance used, which would probably make any real conditioning ingredients that come after fragrance somewhat insignificant.
Anyone know if this is true? This would really help in terms of picking future products and could have its pros and cons. :yep:

Thanks in advance! :grin:

your reasoning makes perfect sense to me.
just wondering, do you have a certain product/products in mind?

Yes I have some in mind. I know ingredients may differ from country to country though but mine are, Tresemme Moisture Rich and Inebrya SheCare Deep Reconstructor Mask. These two products for me have a lot of the beneficial ingredients after the fragrance, ESPECIALLY the Tresemme. :rolleyes: They both work well regardless but it's something to think about when companies make all their claims on the back of the bottle.

I have more but they don't bother me much because they contain more beneficial ingredients on top of the fragrance or it's more lower down and there's only one or two beneficial ingredients after.

I read (i think here but not sure) somewhere that the first five ingredients in shampoos, conditioner or hair products is what the products is really made of and the rest is less then 1%.

I read (i think here but not sure) somewhere that the first five ingredients in shampoos, conditioner or hair products is what the products is really made of and the rest is less then 1%.
So that must mean if the ingredients are after the 5th ingredient and after fragrance the percentage is even LESS... :perplexed
Wow! Hopefully someone can link the thread since that is a REALLY useful bit of information! :)
For example, if someone is protein sensitive they might be able to still use protein if the listing is further down or if it's after fragrance so their hair might be able to stand it and still get that strength from it. With that said so that it's even milder, the protein can be wheat protein like my Inebrya SheCare Deep Reconstructor Mask.

Last edited:
Back