FOUND STAPLE DAILY MOISTURE PRODUCTS for TYPE 4s!

softblackcotton

Hey everyone!!!

I know I'm newly active here, but I've been relentlessly doing my research since I became an active member in the middle of last December. I finally found my staple products for my extremely Anarartica dry, dessicated, Sahara arid parched, sapless, torrid, type 4 hair!!! All my type 4 ladies or lower, but especially my type 4 ladies!!! Taliah Waajid's Protective Mist Bodifier, Jane Carter Solution Nourish and Shine, and Castor Oil!!!! My hair has never been in my entire life up until now able to hold consistent moisture for days and days on end. I last applied them last Saturday and my hair is still baby soft and not breaking at the speed of sound like it was before! I first sectioned my hair, then gratuitously sprayed on TW Protective Mist Bodifier and then sparingly (because expensive *cough*) applied the JCS Nourish and Shine to seal. Since Saturday I continuously sealed (mostly out of paranoia that my hair will shrivel up again in any minute! :grin:) with a slicking of Home Health Castor Oil immediately after I get out of the shower. Never in my life did I think my hair could be so soft! THANK YOU ladies of LHCF for putting me on the right path to knowledge of proper hair care!!! Look forward to the rest of my journey with you all!!! :grin:

Last edited:
It's a great feeling when you find something that works and it means you don't have to jump on any bandwagons which could lead to setbacks, congratulations

Hey everyone!!!

I know I'm newly active here, but I've been relentlessly doing my research since I became an active member in the middle of last December. I finally found my staple products for my extremely Anarartica dry, dessicated, Sahara arid parched, sapless, torrid, type 4 hair!!! All my type 4 ladies or lower, but especially my type 4 ladies!!! Taliah Waajid's Protective Mist Bodifier, Jane Carter Solution Nourish and Shine, and Castor Oil!!!! My hair has never been in my entire life up until now able to hold consistent moisture for days and days on end. I last applied them last Saturday and my hair is still baby soft and not breaking at the speed of sound like it was before! I first sectioned my hair, then gratuitously sprayed on TW Protective Mist Bodifier and then sparingly (because expensive *cough*) applied the JCS Nourish and Shine to seal. Since Saturday I continuously sealed (mostly out of paranoia that my hair will shrivel up again in any minute! :grin:) with a slicking of Home Health Castor Oil immediately after I get out of the shower. Never in my life did I think my hair could be so soft! THANK YOU ladies of LHCF for putting me on the right path to knowledge of proper hair care!!! Look forward to the rest of my journey with you all!!! :grin:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I've been raving about the moisturizer for days now and I know taaliah she did my hair. This moisturizer is the best for my hair and my stretch. I add a little water to it and put it in the fridge. MY HAIR LOVES It!! I tried Jane carter and it kind of sat on my hair it didnt saturate but on my sons 3 type hair it eats it up.

Ingredient Lists (All Natural!)

Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier: Pure Distilled Water, Wheat Germ, Indian Hemp, Olive Oil, Balsam, Aloe Vera, Bee Pollen, Silk Protein, Bay Laurel, Fruit Bio-Flavonoids, Ancient African Herbal Formula (?) I guess she didn't want to give all her secrets!

On the bottle it says: Black Earth Products is an all natural anti-bacterial system based on Bay Laurel. All colors and fragrances used in these products are derived from natural fruit extracts or juices.

Jane Carter Solution Nourish and Shine(word for word): Shea, Illipe, Mango, Kokum butters, Grapefruit, and pear essential oils, vit A, D, and E. Nothing else!

On jar it says: Nourish and Shine is made from all natural ingredients. Use a small amount to add shine to hair, to nourish, and repair dry hair. It's great on dry skin. It will repair, soften, and keep skin moist and supple.

I really pay attention to the ingredients since I'm doing an all natural approach to my hair care.

Last edited:
OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I've been raving about the moisturizer for days now and I know taaliah she did my hair. This moisturizer is the best for my hair and my stretch. I add a little water to it and put it in the fridge. MY HAIR LOVES It!! I tried Jane carter and it kind of sat on my hair it didnt saturate but on my sons 3 type hair it eats it up.

For the Jane Carter, I find it's best to use along with a more water-based moisturizer or on slightly damp hair. It really soaks into my hair then and the fragrance (which smells delish) lasts forever! I'm totally going to check out Taliah's Salon since it's based in Atlanta! I also have her conditioner and shampoo can't wait to use them this weekend!!!!

i love all the products you named but i dont use them together because my hair is fine and thin. i love the TW for detangling dry hair more than anything. all of jane carters products are amazing. i love the butter but i have been using and loving her twist and lock for braid out lately. i also love castor oil but i use jbco.

Tw mist has been a staple leave in for me for a minute. I love it and you also can dilute it with water and it still works the same. I can get 4 8oz bottles out of 1 mist.

i'm a big fan of all of those products. the taliah wajid (sp) is really great. i told my boss to use it while she was in braids and this is her first time not having breakage in braids.

Where can you find this at in a store? I don't want to buy online.

the TW can be found in some CVS stores

the JCS can be found in Whole Foods

i bought the TW mist and used on some cornrows i had in. my hair was soooooo soft when i took the braids out. usually my hair feels dry and brittle on the ends once removing braids no matter how much i condition and spray them. and i diluted it with aloe juice so the bottles will last a very long time!

my sister's hair has been shedding very badly since she had her baby. i used the Deity America Plant Shampoo & Deep Conditioner on her hair and used the TW mist as her leave in. i don't know if it was one product or the combination of them all, but after one use she said her hair isn't hardly shedding at all :yep:

Back