Found jamaican black castor oil in ATL

blesstress

I bought some Jamaican black castor oil today at a farmer's market in decatur. Its at a market called "285 Farmer's Market" at highway 285 and convington hwy. They are in small 8oz bottles next to the regular castor oil and cod liver oil. In the front of the store next to cash register#14. The cost was $5.89.

Beware---that farmer's market really stinks of fish. I've been in a lot of farmer markets and never have I smell one so bad as that one. It makes me want to throw up. I went in there to buy some aloe vera leaves to use the pulp in my conditioners. I usually run out as soon as possible because of the smell but the black castor oil caught my eye.

P.S. I also found Vitale base cream used to base the scalp before relaxing for anyone using the vitale line. It cost $3.5

Blessedtress

Girl, thanks for this tip!!!! I live in Lawrenceville, but I'll be over that way this weekend for a business opporutnity meeting.

Do you know if it's the same brand sold at sams247.com? It's the Tropic Isle Raw Unfiltered brand.

blesstress said:
I bought some Jamaican black castor oil today at a farmer's market in decatur. Its at a market called "285 Farmer's Market" at highway 285 and convington hwy. They are in small 8oz bottles next to the regular castor oil and cod liver oil. In the front of the store next to cash register#14. The cost was $5.89.

Beware---that farmer's market really stinks of fish. I've been in a lot of farmer markets and never have I smell one so bad as that one. It makes me want to throw up. I went in there to buy some aloe vera leaves to use the pulp in my conditioners. I usually run out as soon as possible because of the smell but the black castor oil caught my eye.

P.S. I also found Vitale base cream used to base the scalp before relaxing for anyone using the vitale line. It cost $3.5

Blessedtress

Yea its Tropic Isle unfiltered jamaican black castor oil. Just look at the isle across from cash register#14 and you will see it next to the regular white castor oil. When you get off on Convington Hwy make a right and you will see the shopping center on the right side with the big Farmer's Market sign.

Blessedtress

Dang, I wish I could find some here in my neck of the woods. The only ones I see at Talley's Green Grocery is Palma Christi and it's the regular kind.

Ive been going crazy looking for that stuff here in NY..... i havent found one BSS that carries it. I guess they're not the type of store to have it.

I give up.... Im going to search on ebay for it! lol

I thought it would be easier to find in NY since its made in the Bronx. The bottle doesn't give an address and I could not find the company on the internet. The company that bottles and distributes it is: V&H Marketing, Bronx, NY 10469. The company has to be owned by another company because I could not find it in the directory or better business bureau for bronx.

Blessedtress

Thanks, I'm going to pick some up next weekend when I'm on that side of town. It's funny, I was right across the street from that market last Friday (at the QT) and a couple of days later I was trying to remember where I saw the Farmers Market.:confused: Your thread helped me to remember.:)

does jamaican black castor oil have a pleasant scent? Thanks. Please list any other benefits if you could.

Does anyone know the name of the Farmer's market so that I can find the address? I'm probably going to end up taking 124 to Covington Hwy and I want to mapquest it.

ETA: Never mind, I see the name in the original post.

Last edited:
Its called 285 Farmer's Market. If you are driving down covington you will see it as soon as you pass over I-285 on the right side. You can't miss it. The sign is bigger than the market. Just keep driving down convington Hwy turn into the first plaza once you pass HWy 285.

Blessedtress

Back