Found a product that works just as well for dandruff as sulfur!

Starian

I'm usually plagued by dandruff. Not a few flakes here and there, but scratch your scalp and your nails are full of dead skin type dandruff. The only thing that has kept it under control until now are sulfur products. (Shout out to BT!)

But I managed to find something, that works just as well for much less.

Jamaican Mango and Lime Island Oil
jamaican.jpg

I've been using it every other day for the last two weeks after running out of my Boundless Tresses, and not a flake in sight. It smells decent and a little goes a long way (it's a very runny oil).

Also, an added benefit seems to be that I can go a few weeks without washing my hair and my scalp still smells clean. I didn't not wash my hair on purpose or anything, but I've been busy and I have a lot of new growth and haven't managed to wash it.

I noticed after two 1/2 weeks that my scalp did not stink at all. I washed my hair yesterday, but only because my strands were greasy as hell. :look:

It's worth a shot. It's only 3.99 at the local beauty supply. Their other serums are pretty good too.

Castor oil, carrot oil, gingko nut oil, tea tree oil, wheat germ oil, olive oil, mango extract, lime extract, jojoba oil, hibiscus oil, sea grape oil, passion fruit oil, fragrance.

There ya go. :grin:

They have wonderful products, especially the braid spray and the cactus oil. I haven't seen that one though. I'll do my pj duty and check it out on my next field trip.:grin:

Castor oil, carrot oil, gingko nut oil, tea tree oil, wheat germ oil, olive oil, mango extract, lime extract, jojoba oil, hibiscus oil, sea grape oil, passion fruit oil, fragrance.

There ya go. :grin:

I wonder if the tea tree oil is the "culprit". The anti fungal properties would def have an effect on flaking.

They have wonderful products, especially the braid spray and the cactus oil. I haven't seen that one though. I'll do my pj duty and check it out on my next field trip.:grin:

I was eyeing the braid spray...even though I don't have braids. :look: How is that working for you? What do you use it for?

I don't have the Cactus Oil, I have the Sugar Cane Serum. How's the Cactus oil?

I wonder if the tea tree oil is the "culprit". The anti fungal properties would def have an effect on flaking.

Mmm, you may be right. I've used pure tea tree oil on my scalp before though and my head laughed at it. :nono: Maybe it's a combo of everything. I dunno. It works gooooood for me, though.

Mmm, you may be right. I've used pure tea tree oil on my scalp before though and my head laughed at it. :nono: Maybe it's a combo of everything. I dunno. It works gooooood for me, though.

Same here. I thought it made my scalp worse--I know it may have been the brand or something though.

I'm going to try this Island oil, all of the ingredients sound yummy.:lick: Thanks for posting!

Back