Fotki Update! :)

tapioca_pudding

Well I updated my fotki w/ my touchup pix. Im glad for the length but there are some breakage issues. :(

Here are my findings:

1. I like Lye compared to No Lye. My hair is much shinier!!

2. For some reason my right side is damaged. I mean its a SIGNIFICANT difference from the left (see pix). I have no clue what I did!!! *sigh* Oy.

3. Dont think texlaxing is for me necessarily. I wont go back to relaxing bone straight but I also will let it get a bit straighter than it is now. My hair is very THICK on its own so it needs some thinning out, I think. Ill see.

4. I need to kill my ends. I had color last year and its still on my ends. Theyre so scraggly and thin and see thru. So Ill gradually dust/trim them away.

Im so tempted to get a short hair cut and just start all over. I know I prolly wont do that but dag. I mean DAG. The right side is just so damaged. Im gonna baby it for a few weeks to see what results I get. Im sure I can heal it (heehee!), just takes patience.

All in all its okay. Im glad I did get length but health is so much more important than length. So Im gonna nurse my right side back to health and the length will come. Gotta be positive!!! :)

Tried to post pix in this post but couldnt get it to work. :( My fotki has no password tho. Sorry about that!!

Your hair is really pretty, i like your texture, i bet even if you transitioned, your hair would be really pretty.

Your hair looks great:)!! I definitely see progress and I'm lovin' the shine too!! I'm switching to lye on my next relaxer as well and I can't wait..lol. I'm glad you had great results.

I like your texture too, Kels. And your wash-n-go looks great! What products do you use to get it glistening like that?

Nixx - Thanks so much! Ill def be sticking w/ Lye vs. No Lye. I know yours is gonna turn out lovely!

Tara - Thanks! I used some humectress, a little bit of carrot oil creme and BTZs curling creme. They were getting better and better! :)

I remember the days when my hair was that length! Your pics took me back. It's only been about a year and a few months. Your hair looks very similar, thickness wise, etc, to mine when I was relaxed. Very pretty ;)

Kels, I like lye relaxers too and will stick with them. I just did my relaxer last weekend and texlaxed by accident and I too don't think it's for me. LOL. I don't like relaxing bone straight but I like to loosen the curl a good amount.

To stop the breakage, I would use a reconstructor or protein conditioner. Get one that you have to leave it on for at least 10 minutes w/ heat. I like Lafier Proteinol, it's a dominican conditioner. Don't use it with every washing though. Alternate using it with a deep moisturizing conditioner that has you leave it on again for at least 10 minutes w/ heat. Then maybe 4 weeks post relaxer, you can do an Aphogee Protein Treatment and that will STOP any breakage present. Your hair should be back in shape in no time. HTH!:grin:

DD & Honda - Thanks so much!! :D

BreBre - Thanks! Your hair is the bomb.. Hopefully a year and some months from now Ill be where you are! :yep:

Vivacious - Yep, I dont think it may be for me. I wont EVER do bone straight, but Im not 100% sure if texlaxins is my thing. Im gonna give it some time and try to adjust but if not then my next relaxer Ill be leaving it on a bit longer.

Sunshine - YEP I sure do!!! Thanks for bringing that to my attention!!!! Thats prolly what its from!!

Vivacious (again :D ) - Okay Ill have to find one of those. I have Motions CPR, ORS Hair Mayo and Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor. Which one of these do you think will do the job? And I think Im gonna buy the Aphogee Hard treatement. The Emergencee by Nexxus is okay but I still had breakage. So maybe in about 4 weeks Ill do a hard Aphogee treatment w/ a good deep condition afterwards.. Thanks for the tips!!

Thank you ladies so much for the responses! Im cheesin hard as ever! :D

sunshinelady said:
Do you sleep on your right side? That could be the cause of the damage.

I was going to ask the same thing! From looking at your pics your hair looks pretty good to me. I don't see the damage on the right side, it just appears that it isn't growing/retaining as well as the left. I would give it a couple of more months to see how it progresses. Most people have a side that grows faster ( i know i do) and it seems worse when the hair is short. Just stick with it (unless you think it's really damaged) and as your hair grows it will seem less problematic.

kels823 said:
Vivacious (again :D ) - Okay Ill have to find one of those. I have Motions CPR, ORS Hair Mayo and Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor. Which one of these do you think will do the job? And I think Im gonna buy the Aphogee Hard treatement. The Emergencee by Nexxus is okay but I still had breakage. So maybe in about 4 weeks Ill do a hard Aphogee treatment w/ a good deep condition afterwards.. Thanks for the tips!!

Thank you ladies so much for the responses! Im cheesin hard as ever! :D

I think you would get great results from an all natural mix of:

HAAS avocado
EVOO
plain yogurt
amla powder
shikaki powder

OR

Amla powder
plain yogurt
EVOO

I was having severe sheddign and breakage and that 1st combo took my golf ball size shedding/breaking down to a half-dollar!:eek: I love it!

Back