Fotki Problems- anyone else?

missnappylady

I posted a few days ago that "fotki went crazy" and my post diappeared. :perplexed Anyway, I've been having the same problem with fotki for a couple weeks (home and work.)

Whenever I go onto anyone's fotki, I'm forced to download this anti-spyware software. It takes over the fotki album and won't allow me to cancel and view the albums. It's super frustrating and I end up having to quit Fotki. Is it just me?

DONT DOWNLOAD THAT SOFTWARE WHATEVER YOU DOOOOO and yes fotki has gone mad

i will quit using it soon

sweetwhispers said:
no first there were those stupid wasps now its some sort of drive cleaner rubbish i get i the library and at home.

Yes!! That's it!! Drive Cleaner! So, there's nothing we can do about it? That sucks, cause it forces me to stop lurking. :(

Is it one particular album that's doing it, cuz I just went and looked at like 10 peoples albums, and mine, and I didn't see any of that.

Are y'all using Firefox or IE?

I haven't seen it either. I use Firefox. But I just tried IE and didn't see with that either. I have Norton Internet Security and Spybot so maybe I'm immunized from the madness? (But what do I know! *tiptoes out of thread careful not to hurt herself*)

YES, YES!!!! It happens to me too, it's really pi**ing me off. what usually happens is my Norton Antivirus kicks in and scans it, then gets rid of it. After that i can usually use Fotki again.

If it doesn't stop i think i will have to use a different album.

I use Opera and havent had the problem. Maybe they disabled the ad but those are typically viruses/spyware :cool:

missnappylady said:
Yes!! That's it!! Drive Cleaner! So, there's nothing we can do about it? That sucks, cause it forces me to stop lurking. :(

ditto... It only however seems to be on certain albums

Back