Forum Newbie. Hello!

keriplz

Hi everyone! This is my first post on the LHCF, even though I've been lurking for about 2 months. You ladies have been such a huge inspiration for me to finally start taking care of my hair.

I've definitely racked up some severe damage these past 5 years- ever since I began relaxing my hair at 13 the overall health of my hair has deteriorated.

The past 2 years have been VERY bad. I did not go one day without flat-ironing my hair (without any heat protectant whatsoever). At first my hair looked great because I had BSL, floaty straight hair. But my hair dresser hacked my hair due to terrible split ends. I've stayed at SL for about a year, but I still used the darned flat-iron. I didn't learn my lesson. :wallbash:

Well, for senior prom my mom did my relaxer. It was her first time EVER touching the stuff, and my hair came out very underprocessed- more of a texturizer. I had my first weave glued-in for my prom-look, but little did I know that the hairdresser had no clue what she was doing (she wasn't my usual hairdresser). She thought the weft was human hair , and tried to curl it using high heat. I could smell the hair burning. :nono: She then cut my hair into barely SL bob, and I didn't find out until I pulled the glued-on weave from my head. Unpleasant surprise.

After my weave fiasco, I decided to go all-naturale. I've been looking at old pictures of my curly/unruly 3C hair. I want to go back and learn how to manage it. I've seen all the members who have successfully transitioned and LONG for my curls. I am literally stroking my new growth right now. ::look:

Your tips have already improved my hair (Co-washing and overnight DC'ing are my new addictions). Between the two times I have used heat I noticed how much fuller my ends were-- less see-through. However, I am going to start styling my hair as if it were natural already (I read that on one of the transitioning threads). For me, getting my hair healthy and strong is the main goal. The length will come with time (although I love that big, curly SL look). Hehe.

Thanks so much. :grin:

Welcome! Your hair looks pretty good in your pic. You sound like you have a plan so good luck and happy hair growing.

Back