Formal Natural Styles

DMJ's Mom

Hi ladies! First sorry if this is a double post I've tried searching but of course the sort doesn't want to work. Can you ladies post pictures of medium length formal hairstyles that are suitable for naturals (I don't want to flatiron or wear a bun). When I say formal I mean bridal/bridesmaid, or black tie ball formal.

Gah. I don't have any pics, but my first thought was two strand twists, done into a french roll type updo, with small decorative hair pins. You could leave a bang out, or not. I'm a big fan of updo's as formal styles though, and I think you could recreate almost any updo done on curly hair/slightly shorter hair to work with your natural hair, air dried in braids to resist shrinkage?

:ohwell: I should start collecting more style pics.... :perplexed

Well, I'll give it a shot. I did this for a concert I went to earlier this year:

from the side

or you might try a hair zing:

There's also a bun decorated with something pretty:

With a flowr from the back

Mwedzi, you are so creative. I LOVE the bun with the flower!

JustKiya, you have inspired me with your flat twists. I have been sporting it for the past month off and on. I have a pic in my fotki. I just hope to make mine as neat and tight as yours!

Well, I'll give it a shot. I did this for a concert I went to earlier this year:

from the side

or you might try a hair zing:

There's also a bun decorated with something pretty:

With a flowr from the back

OMG! Your hair is gorgeous! WOW!:spinning:

Back